Alternative Power?

Heh.. Couldn't resist.

I used to read nuts and volts as well, but I don't remember seeing anything about it. I think the mythbusters did something like that and found it didn't work. I don't remember exactly what happened though. I think you'd almost be better off with a small windmill.

alright then, so you need a 'few square feet of panel' .. wouldn't this also be handy for charging, say, my powerbook? whats wrong with that equation?

alright then, so you need a 'few square feet of panel' .. wouldn't this also be handy for charging, say, my powerbook? whats wrong with that equation?

Apple has a couple of third-party solar charge kits on their website, FYI. I think they have some kind of transformer on them; I'm not an electrical engineer but I do know that the solar panelling is very expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright then, so you need a 'few square feet of panel' .. wouldn't this also be handy for charging, say, my powerbook?  whats wrong with that equation?

Apple has a couple of third-party solar charge kits on their website, FYI. I think they have some kind of transformer on them; I'm not an electrical engineer but I do know that the solar panelling is very expensive.

Yes, you'd need a DC-DC transformer unless you connect the panels in series until you reach the voltage of the supplied power brick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back