Amoebax V0.1.1 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Àlex Almarza, Ferran Brugat and Jordi Fita updated Amoebax, their PuyoPuyo-Remake.

0.1.1-normal.png

New:
* Added normal mode with six AI players.
* Substituted placeholder graphics with sweet new graphics.
* Fixed some minor bugs.

Download: Amoebax
Download: Amoebax Sourcecode
Homepage: http://trac.emma-soft.com/amoebax/wiki

fusion_power posted on Mar 14 2007 at 12:02 PM said:
I have no sound and no music in this version. I'm the only one? ^^"

I did not have any sound and I pressed the vol. up and it started to work. I may have been paused I do not rember.

Good, smooth game. Looks like it may cause me some head aches down the road. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu posted on Mar 13 2007 at 05:34 PM said:
wow, this looks good.

Was it developed for the GP2X, or a port?

this is actually a multiplatform game that is mainly being developed for gp2x but other version are being made at the same time. looks like they plan skin support and such and since this is in active development it could end up being the best puyo puyo game for gp2x.

jbrodack posted on Mar 15 2007 at 06:02 AM said:
icurafu posted on Mar 13 2007 at 05:34 PM said:
wow, this looks good.

Was it developed for the GP2X, or a port?

this is actually a multiplatform game that is mainly being developed for gp2x but other version are being made at the same time. looks like they plan skin support and such and since this is in active development it could end up being the best puyo puyo game for gp2x.

That's quite right, we are developing it for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and GP2X at the same time.

MrHillBilly posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:19 AM said:

I did not have any sound and I pressed the vol. up and it started to work. I may have been paused I do not rember.

Oops... this is an error of mine. When I did the ZIP file I packed all my files from my GP2X even the configuration file... Since a friend of mine plays it on the train without sound, the sound is disabled (the same goes for the high scores...). I removed the configuration file from the ZIP on the web page. Sorry for that :p

Rivroner posted on Mar 13 2007 at 02:43 PM said:
And you can play two players in the same GP2X :)

Malachi posted on Mar 13 2007 at 11:20 PM said:

The two players mode, currently in development, will let play two players on the same console. The grid's layout in this mode is horizontal instead of vertical (i.e., the amoebas fall from the center of the screen to one side instead from top to down). One player controls its side by using the stick while the other player uses the 4 buttons. It's quite fun to play, although the amoebas are smaller in this version and some people have some problems with this.

Anyway, thank you for all your nice comments!

MrHillBilly posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:19 AM said:

THX! It's working now. :)
Normaly I don't like Musik in Puzzle Games but the Ingame Music of Amoebax is really funny :lol:

Back