An Adventure Game Scenario

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
An adventure game scenario by Bosbeetle.
In a land far far away from here, a couple of miles at least. Lived an evil king however he also had his kind sides. He was known as king customer, a multi-headed omnipresent being known to be even hostile to his own heads. But after an incident between two heads the other heads are as quick to help the injured head. This highly convoluted being had the land in an evil reign always ordering the inhabitants of his land to provide him with things.
One this one day king customer ordered the assembly of a special team to provide him with a chest that could do 'almost anything' and it should be on his doorstep in 2 months! The team cosists of four members each with their special abilities and skills.

- The leader of the team is an crazy english inventor (rumoured to be a direct descendent of Lord Clive Sinclair) he is a passionate man and when he heard about the kings requests he jumped to the opportunity to please his multiheadedness. He went on to assemble his team.
- The second member is a bavarian dragon. The dragon was well known but also feared. It was said that his kindness could paralyze the most vile trolls just by a single stare or a magical rainbow spell. Also he was able to speak with insides of machines and able to control them with magical phrases he called scripts.
- The third member is a wise canadian ookpik. In his wisdom he is able to logically deduct systems and the ways of machines, reassemble them and change them in such a way that they function better. An essential member since he can design the innards of the chest.
- The fourth member is an turkish genie, he has the ability to speak in tongues even the strangest creatures are willing to listen to him.

After the team is assembled they take to their task to create the chest.

Chapter 1

First challenge is to create a prototype chest that pleases king customer.

Puzzle find out what king customer wants! All four go to the king and talk with his quarreling heads. And deduce what he wants. The skill of all four members is needed to get the answers.
He wants
- Great control over the device (controls)
- He does not want to lose other devices (emulation)
- He wants the chest to talk with other devices (usb ports)
- He wants to the chest to do what he asks (touchscreen/microphone)
-He wants his heads to with each other without having to see eachother (wifi)

Prototyping challenge.

(controls)
The wise ookpik goes to his tree house (fitted with all sorts of elctrical tools) he figures out what he needs for the first objective (controls) he needs the help of master controller and by looking in the yellow pages he finds DaveC master controller. However when the team reaches the master controllers house the proportions are completly wrong it looks like it is not scaled properly. To fix this the team needs to find and construct a scale2X filter. After combining some inventory the ookpik can put together a scale2X filter, DaveC is delighted and offers the team to design the ultimate controls!

(emulation)
The team goes to the coders forrest a place full of creatures frantically running around and screaming to eachother in a strange assembly language (and things like "code compiling", "optimization", "dynamic core!"). Here the genie has to come in and try and reason with them. (there should be several puzzles here trying to get coders to code emulators) all four members could try and get one emulator for each one of these (ZX-81, ZodTTD, Ari64, Notaz) Also here they meet for the first time Skeezix who together with Notaz will become important further on.

(usb ports)
(touchscreen)
(wifi)

The team needs to go the strange land called texas. Here they have to convince a bunch of rogue tech cowboys called the texas instruments to give them their tech. This will get the team acces to an essential component called the OMAP.

With all these components the ookpik can go to work he works frantically and makes prototype after prototype. Whenever these prototypes get shown to king customer he is not satisfied. Several puzzles (notaz and skeezix making the firmware, dragon doing script invokations, craig sitting on the roof throwing other chests of and shooting a lady and being drunk in the snow) should be completed until the fourth prototype is accepted by king customer.

Assembly challenge

The fourth prototype was accepted and the king orders one for all his 4000 heads :eek: the team did not anticipate and as hard as the ookpik starts to work he can't create that much. So they have to go and find mass production fairies. They find one in texas close to the texas instruments base they are willing to make the innards but not the chest itself.
They go to a far away country and eventually find the chinapixies a breed of hardworking pixies however they communicate in a very convoluted way and it is hard to say what they mean.

While the mass produced units are being made the team has to solve puzzels to keep king customer satisfied as he keeps saying he wants the chest in two months and the team has to convince him they will deliver. If they dont the king will first take their houses and eventually their lives.

The china pixies will deliver the outside but is does not look like it should with the help of the turkish genie and a lot of puzzles eventually the chinapixies will deliver and the 4000 chests can be made for the king.

The end.

just punch up vi and get started :p all it takes is a little C (or C++ depending)

i'd love to get round to making a decent game finally, but definately not enough time >.<

darfgarf said:
just punch up vi and get started :p all it takes is a little C (or C++ depending)

i'd love to get round to making a decent game finally, but definately not enough time >.<

Dont have time for that now. Like I said making somehting very bare bone could probably work but I need something very simple like AGS.

Last edited by a moderator:
we've got pygame, if you don't utterly despise python like a vaguely rational person should

if no-one steps up, and you remember, pm me in a couple of months, might have the time then

Anything that requires for me to learn a coding language is to much for me I can do the drag and drop fiddly stuff to get started but there are actually to much real life stuff that needs to be done.

I would like to flesh out this scenario more maybe some artists are here who have ideas about the characters. It's been said quite some time the whole pandora story should be a game. So lets get cracking <-- I know it sounds stupid from my mouth but I will help with stuff I actuall can do like make some puzzles, write some dialog, get a better storyboard running etc. etc.

Why not start working on it in AGS then? If nothing else, the ease with which you could get something simple going would serve as a basic template to be expanded on for a different engine.

WizardStan said:
Why not start working on it in AGS then? If nothing else, the ease with which you could get something simple going would serve as a basic template to be expanded on for a different engine.

maybe I'll do that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back