Analog Nub Issues - Please Advise

warmotor

Still Fresh
The analog nub on my caanoo wants to register a jump to the left at random intervals. It's been broken in, like analog nubs get, but otherwise the unit is in mint condition (still has factory screen protector on it). If I could define a small deadzone on the nub it would fix the issue. Is there an app or feature to do this?

Thanks for your time!

no, there's no app to set the deadzone; each game/app/whatever needs to support this on it's own at the current state.

So is there a fix on the horizon? Should I just write off the $150 and order a wiz instead?

Kind of hard to play F-Zero when I keep veering left on a straight-away and slamming into a wall. Ditto when trying to select a ROM on pretty much any emulator and keeps going back to the previous menu, you know?

You guys sure there isn't like a .cfg file with joystick settings in there somewhere, or maybe it would possible to mod the kernel and recompile it?

Warmotor said:
So is there a fix on the horizon? Should I just write off the $150 and order a wiz instead?

Kind of hard to play F-Zero when I keep veering left on a straight-away and slamming into a wall. Ditto when trying to select a ROM on pretty much any emulator and keeps going back to the previous menu, you know?

You guys sure there isn't like a .cfg file with joystick settings in there somewhere, or maybe it would possible to mod the kernel and recompile it?
I guess you could mod the source code of your games; if you were to mod the kernel, you'd have to reflash the firmware. I'm sure some emus have deadzone settings. If I could find a replacement, I would just solder in a new joystick since I'm insanely good at soldering. That would be the easiest option IMHO, apart from sending it in for repair. It MUST be under warranty since it hasn't even been a year since the Caanoo's release, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what the warranty is for. I had the same problem where it sometimes started moving to the left. I contacted Simon on this board and got my unit replaced. My stick was virtually unused, so it is probably not wear.

/Uni

Dang it, I bought this unit at thinkgeek.com and their return policy SUCKS. 90 day RMA on DOA hardware. Is there a manufacturers warranty on grey-market korean electronics? I tried to visit the contact page of fungp and get a 404.

Warmotor said:
Dang it, I bought this unit at thinkgeek.com and their return policy SUCKS. 90 day RMA on DOA hardware. Is there a manufacturers warranty on grey-market korean electronics? I tried to visit the contact page of fungp and get a 404.
Did you try dev.fungp.com?

Dev.fungp.com looks like it's focused on, well, devs. I can't find anything about returning faulty kit on that page. My Caanoo's analogue has broken too. :(

Popcorn Dave said:
Dev.fungp.com looks like it's focused on, well, devs. I can't find anything about returning faulty kit on that page. My Caanoo's analogue has broken too. :(
IIRC, I was able to browse their site with IE...

try contacting the after sales center: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49588-as-center-opened/

crow_riot said:
try contacting the after sales center: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49588-as-center-opened/

'Server not found' error. Maybe it's the firewall here, I'll try again when I get home.

Warmotor said:
crow_riot said:

'Server not found' error. Maybe it's the firewall here, I'll try again when I get home.

I have the same problem here.

Code:
Polytech & Net GmbH
Ober der Roeth 4
65824 Schwalbach

Attn: Ms. Lee
as-europe@gp2x.com
www.ptn-global.com

crow_riot said:
Code:
Polytech & Net GmbH
Ober der Roeth 4
65824 Schwalbach

as-europe@gp2x.com
www.ptn-global.com

yeesh. Thanks for the research, but I'm not really prepared to start an international correspondence over this. Even if they did honor the warranty and repair the unit, shipping costs from California (to what, Germany?) have got to be too high to justify the process when the retail for the unit is now just above the hundred dollar mark.

I think the best thing to do at this point is to concede that the analog nub was a dumb design choice, and a poorly implemented one, and anyone thinking of buying a GPH unit needs to consider the apparent lack of support in the States when they buy one.

For now I'll stick to my trusted Dingoo, and when they release a new version of the GPH line I'll probably take my chances with that one as well. Thanks so much for your time.

Warmotor said:
crow_riot said:
Code:
Polytech & Net GmbH
Ober der Roeth 4
65824 Schwalbach

as-europe@gp2x.com
www.ptn-global.com

yeesh. Thanks for the research, but I'm not really prepared to start an international correspondence over this. Even if they did honor the warranty and repair the unit, shipping costs from California (to what, Germany?) have got to be too high to justify the process when the retail for the unit is now just above the hundred dollar mark.

I think the best thing to do at this point is to concede that the analog nub was a dumb design choice, and a poorly implemented one, and anyone thinking of buying a GPH unit needs to consider the apparent lack of support in the States when they buy one.

For now I'll stick to my trusted Dingoo, and when they release a new version of the GPH line I'll probably take my chances with that one as well. Thanks so much for your time.
If you can find a replacement analog nub, you could give a shot at repairing it yourself. Even if you can't find a replacement nub, you may still be able to fix it.

Com64 said:
Warmotor said:
crow_riot said:
Code:
Polytech & Net GmbH
Ober der Roeth 4
65824 Schwalbach

as-europe@gp2x.com
www.ptn-global.com

If you can find a replacement analog nub, you could give a shot at repairing it yourself. Even if you can't find a replacement nub, you may still be able to fix it.

Good call! I'm actually not bad with a soldering iron :)

Warmotor said:
Com64 said:
Warmotor said:
crow_riot said:
Code:
Polytech & Net GmbH
Ober der Roeth 4
65824 Schwalbach

as-europe@gp2x.com
www.ptn-global.com

Good call! I'm actually not bad with a soldering iron :)

I have the shame problem because there is so strange because in some moments with no touch the analogic pad the menus making scroll down and the something similar in games.

What is the adresses in Germany to ship the console CAANOO to SAT.

Mine wants to move left on its own at times, I was going to send it to germany from uk but could not be bothered,
I must say it is anoying though lol

Lst me know if anyone finds a fix with out sending it away ;)

Back