Android app grid .. alternates?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Looking for an Android nerd ;)

I've got a Crazy Chinese Tablet (Ramos W10) -- pretty good hardware (a pandora in tablet form, really) with a modded Froyo (Android 2.2) on it; its rather 'hard' to upgrade to a later 'droid firmware -- can be done, but iot'd take me days of hacking to get it all sorted out (building my own firmware :) -- itw a much more obscure device than most.

So given an android 2.2 base (I've not the time to work on this firmware, got enough firmware hacking to do :) ..

My little girl has installed a few hundred kiddy games (for 3 year olds) .. so the grid is _damned full_. Its a vertical scrolling grid, that classic old sucky android launcher. I don't believe it has folders or any useful organization (!), beyond a 'desktop' you can drag apps to -- and my daughter is very clever, so it too is full of games and stuff.

--

Is there some way to get multiple grids? or an alternate launcher? or some organization technique?

I can't use the device, what with her violating it very violently ;) If I can organize it somehow, or filter to my own apps in an alternate launcher, it may be usable ;)

Any ideas?

jeff

3 years old? How did sh- Oh yeah, I forgot the century...

Umm... I'm utterly clueless, and I take it you've already searched through all the system menus/options...

Get teach her C++? It's your best bet if you want CFW. Can't make any promises as to time, just promise her a tablet of her own :lol:

I wish I knew how, though. Maybe you should try... What's the name of that mobile/hacking oriented forum...

XKXD... No...

XDA!

http://www.xda-developers.com/

Will they be of assistance?

Back