Angstrom feed packages that are safe to be copied into openpandora.org feed

hmc

Hi guys,

This thread is meant for reporting packages, that are available in the www.angstrom-distribution.org and feeds.angstrom-distribution.org feeds but not in the openpandora.org feeds, and when installed, don't break our Pandora OS, so that it is safe to copy them into the Pandora OS feeds under openpandora.org.

(see also this post)

To make a start: I have tested this way:

- analyzed the package contents not not collide with existing files in the Pandora OS

- tried to run all included binaries and checked for shared library errors..

anything else needed to be safe?

- After installation, check if Terminal still works, launching "nano" editor (installatino of sime packages cause ncurses library to not function properly anymore)

(mcobit apperently used those packages successfully, too):

dvb-apps

dvb-scan

dvb-tzap

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the following packages in the past without any problems:

usbmodeswitch

usb-modeswitch-data

(Tool and configuration files to switch certain 3G modems from mass storage mode to modem mode)

gpsd

(Used for gps communication)

To make a start: I have tested this way:

- analyzed the package contents not not collide with existing files in the Pandora OS

- tried to run all included binaries and checked for shared library errors..

anything else needed to be safe?

The first step may take care of this but I'd suggest making sure you can still open a new terminal after installation, as ncurses seems to be one of the things that is frequently killed off.

- Neelix

I haven't really looked into what packages cause it, or whats in the packages to cause it, so I don't really have an answer to that but it seems that the library gets deleted when certain packages are installed, so I assume its related to packages that include a conflicting version of it.

- Neelix

okay, I have now added this to the first post's test step description (and of course I tested this for my packages, too ;-) )

"- After installation, check if Terminal still works, launching "nano" editor (installatino of sime packages cause ncurses library to not function properly anymore)"

Back