EDIT AGAIN:
Another rather small update
VERSION 1.05
Noticeable changes
* All formats now display more song information <-- as much as fits
(mostly MP3 and OGG that got new stuff)
* Removed the blending functions. Keys are now used to alter track length
in both playlist and browser (track length stay until you change folder,
during which you can add it to your playlist, try it out!)
* Improved error handling for AdPlug (shouldn't at least crash anymore)

EDIT:
I did a minor update, updating in_cube (fixing a few bugs with Game Cube music)
VERSION 1.01
Noticeable changes
* Added mp2 as supported by libmad ( i think? Doesn't it decode fine? I didn't
find much to test with, but i'll leave it like this anyway )
* Upated in_cube (less crashing, few more songs working)
* Added some stuff into the theme config
* Made a sweet c64 theme.

I also reworked the graphics a bit, making better use of the themes, and made a new theme;
screenshot.png

( This also demonstrates how it looks when you set track length and subtunes in the playlist window )
If you want this theme as default, swap the default.cfg with the old64.cfg, or edit the script file to add the old64.cfg as an argument to oldplay.
VERSION 1.0
Noticeable changes
* OGG-playback (with seeking, simple comment parsing, using tremor)

And since i never made a thread for the update i made right after releasing v0.99
I'll include that changelog as well. This stuff comes in handy when you are listening
to music that are packed as subtunes (and only want a specific subtune).

VERSION 0.995
Noticeable changes
* Support for track length in all playlist formats
* Support for specifik subtunes in OPL-playlists.
* Added ability to specify subtunes in playlist (R+left,R+right)
* Added ability to specify track length (n*5 seconds) in playlists
(R+voldown,R+volup). Since all controls are used I had to steal
the controls for blending audio for now.
They blend as usual when outside playlist mode.

Also thanks! I'm actually getting myass into gear and testing NOW! :)

EDIT: Yay! mostly good stuff. ADX files are working nice in this version. I got a crash when I tried to play some music from Mario Kart Double Dash!! I think that maybe the filename could be too long though.
I also note that AFCs play crackly. I just think that in_cube needs bringing upto the latest version, since that has AFC files decoded properly.
I'm glad that NSFE files are supported I was expecting Oldplay to not like those :)

Any chance to display some more info about the song format in the side panel?

This is probably a pish-posh question, but is there a way to set a default folder for Oldplay to start in?

Micket, you have made the ultimate music player.

xdreamer, Not that i know of. I'll consider it a feature request. And lets not forget sasq :)

Poke. .. uhm. Game cube music i presume? As always, if you find any music that works on the same plugin on a PC and crashes the gp2x mail it to me and i'll look into it.
(Except for UADE, i'm reworking the whole thing for the next release anyway)

EDIT: I just noticed that you edited your previous post poke.
I'll update in_cube. If all goes well i'll be working in a few minutes.

Nice Release ^^

can u put a pitch option (slower/faster) in this great player, so i can use it with my turntables.
if you do so i donate 20 dollars ^^

Greetzz Jaylink

Some progress: Updated in_cube to the latest version, seems to be running ok (although some songs are to heavy for the gp2x as in_cube isn't very optimized)

Im considering removing the blending stuff completely, as at least i've never ever used it.
If anyone has problems with this idea, speak up now!

Jaylink: Explain in detail how you'd like it to work. I basicly go no free buttons (everything does something already, even with the right bumper as a mod-button)
Im not very familiar with turntables or pitching actually, so i'm not sure what you're after.

Thanks Micket! Oldplay is my favorite media player on the '2X. :)
I know beggars can't be choosers, but do you think you'll be adding PSF support at some point in the future? Also USF and GSF support would be nice. If these formats were added, Oldplay would be perfect.

TyBO!
I've looked into it, but there aren't any decent libraries written. Mostly it's winamp plugins/ standealone players, and usually for windows. :/
But you never know.
Some update; I made a pretty sweet Commodore 64 skit for oldplay :) Now if i just could figure out what kind of font format oldplay uses..

USF might be too cpu intensive for the little 2X also... for the same reasons that N64 Emulator requests don't go down too well.
I'd like USF too, but it's not as realistic as PSF/GSF but as Micket says the libraries are quite hard to port... I looked at trying to port GSF from Winamp to foobar2k once and the source scares me... USF basically has a modified version of Project64 in it... which means that has to be ported to GP2X too O_O

Back