Another Silly Question: Light Guns?

taffy55

Still Fresh
Before, I had asked about any music games being able to work for the GP2X. Don't answer that, I already know the answer. Now I'm asking about another idea: would light guns work with the GP2X? Yes, I did use the search and I found this:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry545080

That thread doesn't really answer the question at all. It would need to be a LCD light gun. I don't really know how light guns work... so I don't know if this is technically possible. Just, yes or no, and why.
Thank-You

Last edited by a moderator:
Think about it. Do you really think you'd be able to play a game while trying to hold your GP2X out as far as you can with one arm while trying to aim a foot long rifle at the 3.5" screen with the other?

Anyway it might make sense to use a light gun with tv out. USB light guns exist, however they are a specialized control device and as such there is nothing programmed to use them yet.

Now light gun games with the touch screen or d-stick/pad might be cool. Notaz said that GpFCE (a NES emulator) supports light gun emulation with the d-stick/pad, but it didn't work for me (then again, I only tried Duck Hunt).

Classic light guns work by using the inherent timings of the beam scan of your CRT monitor or TV. I don't think they would work on LCD/TFT.

for ref

edit, just read your post properly :)

halo9 said:
Classic light guns work by using the inherent timings of the beam scan of your CRT monitor or TV. I don't think they would work on LCD/TFT.

for ref

edit, just read your post properly :)

how about a tv out? has anyone ever tried?

I could give it a shot sometime, if you don't have the stuff yourself. I'll get back about it in a couple days. Probably.

Okay, well I tried it this afternoon, and my lightguns didn't even register when I clicked the trigger. That could just be my adaptor, though, and I get the feeling it is. I don't have any other equipment to try it on, so sorry.

Yrx said:
Okay, well I tried it this afternoon, and my lightguns didn't even register when I clicked the trigger. That could just be my adaptor, though, and I get the feeling it is. I don't have any other equipment to try it on, so sorry.
yeah, i dont have the right stuff to try it. thanks alot for trying though!
it was just an idea... ever since i ordered my gp2x my mind has been racing with ideas.
this little thing just opens up so many possibilities!

Back