Any good atari st games??

vespa66

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know any good atari st games, i am not to familiar with the games, i have bombjack r-type, shinobi. Anyone any guidelines???????
Thanxs

Turican 2 (T1 has some Hacked by.. shit with text to small to read how to actualy get into the game =/)
Speedball2
Magic Pockets

Are what ive got for castaway at the mo.

i hear that - cadaver all the way. also had some good times from menace, elite. infact elite is the only game ive ever played for days on end.
elite's a bit difficult because controll was on keyboard and joystick...
anyone know a way round this little problem- switching from keyboard to joystick mid game on a gp32 is a bit tough...

cheers for the replies but there is just too many games for the ST for me to try them all, i shall seek some of these games now though :D :D

Addams Family (platform)
Amberstar (rpg)
Another World (arcade adventure)
Awesome (shoot em up)
Blood Money (shoot em up)
Bubble Bobble (platform)
Buggy Boy (racing)
Cadaver (rpg)
Cannon Fodder (arcade strategy)
Captive (rpg)
Chip's Challenge (puzzle)
Civilization (strategy)
Dungeon Master (rpg)
Defender Of The Crown (strategy/arcade)

I could go on and on and on :)

perhaps if you tell us which genre(s) of games you like I could narrow the list down a bit more

how about a top 3 ;)
Xenon 2: Megablats is a *wicked* shooter; Wings of Death (two disks, slow to load) is pretty good as well., for shooters. (Theres also Xenon 1, SideWinder 1 and 2, and a few dozen other shooters)

Cadaver was cool, I'd forgotten about that; Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back are the best overall RPG's I'd say, and they're still better than most you get today ;) (They were the first 3d RPG's to use a mouse, ever, in fact). Fate, Gates of Dawn, is slow (was slow on a real ST too :), but is really huge and detsiled.. a nice RPG.

Bubble Bobble is often said to eb best in the arcade and on the ST.

I've been thinking of making a voting system to vote on your favourite game for the ST (as opposed to most compatible). Just so we can builkd a list of games to look out and try..

Oh yeah, Super Sprint is really good top down racing; theres also Offroad. 3d racers thereas dozens.. I've forgotten most though :)

Some good james bond games like License to Kill, etc.. Spy hunter (Major Motion)..

The ST literally has hundreds of truly greta games, and thousand of pokay ones :)

Carrier Command is a great 3d strategy wargame...

Populous, Populous 2, PowerMonger were good, but still compatability issues :(

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
i hear that - cadaver all the way. also had some good times from menace, elite. infact elite is the only game ive ever played for days on end.
elite's a bit difficult because controll was on keyboard and joystick...
anyone know a way round this little problem- switching from keyboard to joystick mid game on a gp32 is a bit tough...
Switching between joystick and keyboard is one button press.. "left shoulder" will toggle between the two modes; (ie: Go to joystick mode using Options menu (START), and then hit left-shoudler to toggfle to keyboard or back to joystick). Easy :)

You can also define your own control layout using a config file.

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Skeezix :D , by the way nice job on the EMU i would never of been interested in the atari st if it wasnt for gp32 and castaway, but it is a pretty cool machine! :rolleyes:

Back