Any Screenshots/videos Of The New Firmware ???

I cant make screenshots, but i can tell you it looks realy cool. The only thing is that it hasn't got a MP3 player from Gamepark anymore, but there are enough other players. Also dont need to use GP Launch anymore :)

well here are two anyway.
Sorry as I have not reated a .smc file and don't know how.
gp1.gif

gp2.gif

I use it too, and it's great (I was a bit annoyed at first when my mp3s wouldn't play, but I tracked that down to a particular mp3 that I didn't encode). Not having to load FreeLauncher makes it so much better! (And the replacement launcher displays more program at once.)

KoRnfReak posted on May 12 2004 at 02:17 PM said:
I dont want to destroy my gp32_console for an not better firmware :lol:
how will it destroy your gp? you can always get rid of it if you dont like it

EDIT did you mean remove your current firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, the fact that it doesn't run everything (there's the odd proggy that for some reason doesn't work with it) leads me to stick to the multi-fw. Next time I flash will be for a darn good reason; like if a super-Pacrom proggy comes out or similar. But otherwise... nah...

Looks ok for gamers, but no use for developers (the modified pclink in multifw2 with auto-run at power-on is just too useful to loose).

I plan on a pacrom kind of replacement sometime in the future unless someone beats me to it.

Tobriand posted on May 12 2004 at 02:25 PM said:
Personally, the fact that it doesn't run everything (there's the odd proggy that for some reason doesn't work with it) leads me to stick to the multi-fw. Next time I flash will be for a darn good reason; like if a super-Pacrom proggy comes out or similar. But otherwise... nah...
I have downloaded nearly every single game and app on this site (and all the free ones on joygp), and they have all worked perfectly in the beta firmware, I have yet to encounter an app or game that doesnt. Mind naming a few?

(the modified pclink in multifw2 with auto-run at power-on is just too useful to loose).

I have serious issues with DarkFaders PCLink. Possibly attributed to the beta firmware, but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must say that I only ever use one feature from DF's PCLink - upload and execute. Never use it for storing files on the SMC or for fetching files from an SMC (GPDrive does that)

BTW: The European Firmware also has an autorun feature: If there is only 1 executable on the SMC and you choose play, it will load automatically (and skip the selection screen)

Back