Any Scumm Vm Games That Are Freeware Or Homebrews?

bast525

I've got to say, of all the emu's on GP that I have tried and have liked, I think ScummVM is the most impressive. Well, at least the one game I have for it is (DOTT, of course!). Like a playable cartoon, complete with tons of speech and animations... it's my 'show off' piece when I want to impress someone with the GP (well that and Doom).

Anyways... I have no idea where to get other commercial games like "Sam and Max" which I hear about all the time, but was wondering, are there any popular games for it that are now freeware or even shareware? I'd love to have more than just one good game for this great emu...

EDIT: Also, can someone also maybe name some other games that work well in ScummVM? I know there is Maniac Mansion and DOTT, the Monkey Island games... and uh... that's about it. Are there more good Scumm games?

This is the general list of what ScummVM supports:
http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php

I dunno if ScummVmGP also supports all of these, but it does for a lot of them, I guess.
Most (all?) of them are still copyrighted, so you have to buy them, or look at one of the various p2p-systems (Or seek at an abandonware-site)

Jekyll posted on Dec 18 2004 at 04:30 PM said:
This is the general list of what ScummVM supports:
http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php

I dunno if ScummVmGP also supports all of these, but it does for a lot of them, I guess.
Most (all?) of them are still copyrighted, so you have to buy them, or look at one of the various p2p-systems (Or seek at an abandonware-site)
no sadly it doesn't. For example I believe that Simon the Socerer is still being worked on. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Flight of the amazon queen' and 'beneath a steel sky' are both available for download at the scummvm website.

Both these games are worth downloading (the quality of them is very high) but they don't work with the GP32 version of scummvm.

For most other games your mostly stuck with trawling ebay and amazon i'm afraid but I haven't regretted paying for any of my scumm games.

As a general rule games that were officially released by lucasarts will work on the GP version. Games released by other companies are not currently supported.

did u know they have free remakes of manic mansion and another old gam,can't remeber wich one.they are the original games but with updated graphics.i acutally gave it a try in the emu but won't work,but it's be cool

I actually still have a few older games... a big fan of older dos games. My favorite being mechwarrior 2 :D though getting the joystick and soundcard working... well... haven't gotten it
working yet :)

I have Loom on floppy, and sam and max on CD. Got monkey island 1 and 2 off the web... they're abandonware now.

Loom wont work on the GP but runs fine on my PC. Sam and max works but with no sound. monkey island 1 and 2 work fine, though I just read that monkey island 1 may have a save bug :( I have to try that right now and see.

I'm gonna see if I can't pick up a copy of the original maniac mansion... anyone know if that works on GP?

Or better yet, is there a definate LIST of games that work fine on the GP so I know what to look for?

Back