Anyone Have Xbox Live Through Blue Yonder?

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
hi, im having 1mb broadband in next wednesday and realised i'll be able to use xbox live, but for all i've tried i cant find any help onlline at all. is it just the £39.99 starterpack i need? do i plug straight into the usb modem? what leads will i need? is it any good? any help at all will be really appreciated. thanks.

I have a USB ADSL modem and use Internet Connection Sharing for XBOX Live. So you can do that.

The starter pack comes with a 12 month subscription. You obviously have to pay after that.

With internet connection sharing you have to have the computer you are sharing the connection with on all the time you are using xbox live. With the router-RJ45 option that flinty suggested, You have an independant connection to the internet, So can go on xbox live anytime you want without having to switch the main computer on first.

But obviously the usb option is the cheapest. :p

Trooper

thanks for all the help......so what is it i exactly need? i read all the replys but im a bit of a spaz when it comes to pc related stuff(it took me 3 months to install my gp32 usb drivers) can anyone put in simple terms what leads etc i need? you could of had the gamer package from telewest which came with the live starter pack, gotham 2 and a 2 way junction box or somethin, so the laptop and xbox were simultaneously online. is this all i'll need? i really apreciate this help, cheers guys.

sorry, i sort of get what you all mean, i need the laptop conected to hold the connection to blueyonder open? i dont mind having to have the comp on to get on live, so what is it i need and about howmuch is it going to cost to get what i need? thanks again everone.

First, make sure you have an ethernet port on the back of your PC. Then you'll need to buy an ethernet crossover cable (make sure it's a crossover one, not just a normal one). Plug that in the xbox and the PC, then use Internet Connection Sharing to share your connection with the xbox.
You can get an ethernet crossover cable for about a fiver at radioshack.

thanks for the help, i have a laptop and it says nothing about an ethernet socket in the manual......i have an RJ45 input if that helps? ive seen usb ethernet adaptors though which i could get. so if i get the usb ethernet adaptor i only need to get the crossover cable?

i just been lookin around at crossover cables online, and i think i might get it, tell me if im right, from the xbox to the rj45 socket i use the ethernet crossover cable, then have the broadband modem into the usb port and have the laptop connected to the net??

hmmmmmm, after i thought id gotten it all sorted i find more info. on xbox.com uk site, it has a section on connecting through blue yonder, and says thers and ethernet out port on the usb modem, which enables you to directly connect the xbox to the usb modem.......is this possible or would the crossover cable through the laptop method work best?

once again thanks for any help

Back