Anyone here Découpaged anything..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
Sounds a bit pretentious, but it's better than my sisters 'gluing crap paper to tat' description.. anyways

I'd like to have a go at covering a basic Ikea coffee table in old comic book covers, I've read a few pointers but would appreciate a heads up from anyone here that has done anything like this, best glue, lacquer etc to use.. any particular steps or equipment that would help.

Thanks.

I used to collect pictures and snippets with an aim to covering something with them, but I discovered I never buy stuff I don't like the look of as is.

Anyway, why's it decoupage and not coupage if you're adding stuff? (To answer myself, it's cos the name comes from the act of cutting stuff up, not the act of gluing stuff together - although oddly it seems that in French to cut up is both coupage and découpage)

Actually, there is a term 'defagitable' which mean the opposite of indefatigable, but I suspect it's most commonly used as the opposite of the more familiar term.

im- words are fun as well. Commonly used to mean not-, as in imperfect, or impermanent, but to immask, imbox or immould means to mask, box or mould respectively.

Back