App That Runs Via Telnet Won't Run On Pc

rooster

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I've compiled my app and it runs fine from the PC's hard drive mounted over samba. However, when I try to run the files from the GP2X's SD the app quits to the menu immediately.

Does anyone know any common reasons for this sort of thing happening?

Thanks,
Rooster

Do you load external files?

I noticed that windows changes filenames sometimes when you copy files over. It make all uppercase filenames to lowercase. Also, Linux is case sensitive on filenames. (to be sure, make everything lowercase)

rooster posted on Jul 9 2006 at 01:24 PM said:
Hi,

I've compiled my app and it runs fine from the PC's hard drive mounted over samba. However, when I try to run the files from the GP2X's SD the app quits to the menu immediately.

Thanks,
Rooster
did you compile your application as static?
there's a low probability that your program uses external modules/libs and you have to copy them too to your gp2x or compile as static (which is much more easier)

Last edited by a moderator:
rooster posted on Jul 9 2006 at 02:24 PM said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Rooster

thanks, yes i renamed everything to lowercase and it fixed it.

i just realised that the title of this thread is not the problem I described :p it should say App that runs on GP2X from PCs harddrive won't run on SD. I ruined it for everybody with my stupid mistake.
I'm just going to try and put it behind me now and get on with my life ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back