[Application] Claws Mail 3.9.0

canseco

Very Active Member
My second entry for this competition.

Extra plugins included:

Bsfilter, gtkhtml2_viewer, rssyl, vcalendar, spamreport.

Any feedback is welcome.

Seems to work quite well. Still there isn't any plugin in the list, should i look for them in a particular folder?

Now the spelling filed appears in the options window, but how do you add anyone?

Thanks for you work canseco.

It seems is not pointing to the right folder.

Plugins are located at /mnt/utmp/claws-mail/lib/claws-mail/plugins

I still don't know how to install dictionaries, need to search more.

Hi,

When I'm home, I'm using wifi to connect to a router from, say, providerA. Thus the smtp server I defined in Claws Mail is smtp.providerA.com

But when I'm on the move, I'm using tethering on my mobile phone from, say, carrierB. When I try to send an email through smtp.providerA.com it fails,  because I guess it's looking for smtp.carrierB.com instead...

Is there a way to use two different SMTP servers, depending on how you're connected to the Internet ?

Best, Magic Sam

You can setup as many accounts as you like and use different smtp servers for them.

Yes, but it doesn't autoswitch.

I set up two accounts, and two mailboxes, but when I'm in one mailbox, I can't associate an account with it - and thus I can reply to a mail from one account with a different account. It gets very confusing.

That's my biggest gripe with Claws.

At least it's better than a "single Inbox". ugh.

IMO, could really do with a mail client like The Bat!, that properly segregates accounts and mailboxes.

Back