Arcade Game Remakes

fade

Website
Visit site
I was very impressed with Aka Noid in the coding competition and i thought it was pretty much perfect, and theres also now a remake of Lady Killer in the works. I love the idea of arcade remakes. I was thinking, wouldn't arcade games be prime candidates for gp32 conversion considering all the graphics are already there ready to be used from the original games? The excellent 2D fighting game engine, Mugen has been doing this already for ages. Thoughts?

p.s. a port of mugen itself on the GP32 would be awesome too!

I would agree with you except that all the arcade games i played as a kid are already playable on varius emulators for the GP32, like Turtles in time on SNES, Robocop on Castaway. The arcade games that the GP32 should be able to handle are already playable on emulators and are usually pretty good.

You know that the console versions were never as good as the arcade versions though, if remakes were done using the orginal arcade graphics to run natively on the gp32 they'd be much better. And i have to say that the arcade version of Robocop particularly was waaay better than the st version! That game was great.

And yup bombjack was great too, i loved the jingle every time you finished a level! :D

we might not have mugen but we have the most excellent KOF 91 which is sorta like mugen.

You can't beat the original Williams arcade versions of Defender, Robotron, Joust, etc. None of the emulations feel right, apart from Joust on the Lynx (which we can't play anyway)...

JyCet's Aka Noid idea was great - to have an arcade conversion of such high quality, plus EXTRAS, like level building, savestates etc. is a great concept, and a great implementation.

I miss a good Bombjack conversion. The emulated versions are really not that satisfying - the Speccy version has the best gameplay but, well, Speccy graphics.

One of the bigger difficulty to make a remake of an arcade game is to rip all gfx.
Today i cant put all intro and end game sequence in aka noid because i dont have any tools to rip all frame.
So thk for your appreciation ... and me too I hope, one day, bomb jack remake will be finish foo gp32 :)

Mighty Bombjack plays great on littlejohn.

Mighty Bombjack is nothing like the original arcade Bombjack. It's a totally different game, and not as good a game.

Definitely check out the original Bombjack in MAME - it's simple, but it has that addictive charm of the old classics.

So there's a remake on GP32? I'll have to hunt that up when I get my BLU (hopefully early next week).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an old classic. It wouldn't be hard to do. I drew this old image 10 years ago when I used to do "art" (no, it wasn't ripped) on the Amiga (that is why it is kind of stretched) with hopes of someone making a re-make but it didn't happen. This was the first Mario game ever. Might have to change the name though to GPKong :)

KONG.jpg

Here is an old classic. It wouldn't be hard to do. I drew this old image 10 years ago (no, it wasn't ripped) on the Amiga (that is why it is kind of stretched) with hopes of someone making a re-make but it didn't happen. This was the first Mario game ever. Might have to change the name though to GPKong :)

Sounds good to me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
a new from Lady killer programmer, the idea its realese a game with two options, one normal (without erotic images) and the other, 18+ version, with erotic images.

thats all for now

Back