Are Gbax Still Selling Gp32

H

hughes051

Are gbax.com still selling the gp32 166 mkz for 119.00 as i have email and phoned them and I have had no reply from them, and I am looking to buy a blu gp32 at 166/180 mkz if they are not selling them were is the best place to buy them from UK i know there is ebay but not many about are they coming collectable hence not many about

If gbax are still selling them how can i get intouch or if anyone knows please let me know
Ian

hughes051 posted on Mar 31 2005 at 11:06 AM said:
Are gbax.com still selling the gp32 166 mkz for 119.00 as i have email and phoned them and I have had no reply from them, and I am looking to buy a blu gp32 at 166/180 mkz if they are not selling them were is the best place to buy them from UK i know there is ebay but not many about are they coming collectable hence not many about

If gbax are still selling them how can i get intouch or if anyone knows please let me know
Ian

Well Craig did mention in another thread that people were hassling him over Blu+ issues so much he was considering dropping it. To be honest I'm sure there would be an announcement on the board if Craig did infact drop our beloved gp32_console

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two GP32 BLU+ 166MHz last week from gbax. Maybe they are busy right now sending all the PSP games, as mentioned on their page. I can tell only good things about gbax. They were very kind to me and ordering was no problem.

It's mentioned that 180 MHz GP32's are available on the site but how would you go about ordering one of these as 166 MHz seems to be the fastest that can be purchased.

:)

GA01 posted on Mar 31 2005 at 11:36 AM said:
It's mentioned that 180 MHz GP32's are available on the site but how would you go about ordering one of these as 166 MHz seems to be the fastest that can be purchased.

I think that 166Mhz is the fastest you can buy at Gbax, might of sold 180Mhz before however.

Are all GP32 CPU's (by default) 133 MHz before they are overclocked. What makes one CPU more stable than another? Just curious.

:)

I think by default they are clocked at 66MHz, but all of them always go up to 132/133. After that it is a bit of a lottery, although you will struggle to find one that doesn't do less than 144 I believe.

What makes them overclock better/worse? I'm not sure, better/worse quality of components I suppose. Allegedly the original unlit versions are the most likely to hit the massive levels of 200MHz and above.

LHC posted on Mar 31 2005 at 12:24 PM said:
although you will struggle to find one that doesn't do less than 144 I believe.

nooo - theres poor buggers on here that cant get above 133mhz

dont risk it!

sPaCe :D

the different clock speeds that a CPU can achieve is purely down to the manufacturing process, some chips can clock higher than the desired speed and some lower, but always in a bell-shaped curve.

You can always volt mod "lame" units to get them up to speed, so not all is lost.

Whenever GBAX does drop the GP32, that'll close a chapter off .. the Spanish market is still pretty big I think (is it still for sale in stores there? certainly theres a large bucnh of Spanish devvers who we never much contact :) but its always been distanced from the anglo-gp32 scene .. language barrier et al.

jeff

I hardly think Gamepark are going to say 'oh GBAX have stopped selling GP32, well we won't make GP32-2 now'.

Release (or not) of GP32-2 is down to Gamepark themselves and no-one else.

skeezix posted on Mar 31 2005 at 06:43 PM said:
Whenever GBAX does drop the GP32, that'll close a chapter off .. the Spanish market is still pretty big I think (is it still for sale in stores there? certainly theres a large bucnh of Spanish devvers who we never much contact :) but its always been distanced from the anglo-gp32 scene .. language barrier et al.

jeff

Not to mention that there's a large french community of coders as well... except that a higher % of them seem to come here from time to time (eg. JyCet and Nazca)

White Demon posted on Mar 31 2005 at 10:46 PM said:
I hardly think Gamepark are going to say 'oh GBAX have stopped selling GP32, well we won't make GP32-2 now'.

Release (or not) of GP32-2 is down to Gamepark themselves and no-one else.
True, but if Lik-Sang AND gbax end their dealings with Gamepark, that would most certainly be a hit on Gamepark's bottomline. True, it may not kill chances for a new version, but it doesn't help things.

Well I certainly hope they haven't stopped it, as I intend to order one from them this week through their website...
This happened to me back when I tried to get a Neo Geo Pocket Colour just as they stopped selling them

How can the same Smeg happen to the same guy twice?

Back