(Aug2007) Desmume Nintendo Ds Emulator On Omap2420

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupnik

For your info:

we got desmume built on the 770/800 - getting segfaults on my 770 but on the n800 it gets about 3fps on 2d tetris without frameskip - about 10 with skipping.

That's unoptimized on a 333 mhz arm1136j-s (omap2420 soc).

Just for you folks who are curious about possible capabilities of the gp2x successor :)

interesting! never tought about this.
and with a touchscreen you can actually use this thing.
wonder if it will ever be possible to emulate it FAST. but the new machine offers some 3D support. never say never, right? :)

regardless of the performance its a great achievment. kudos.

And what exactly do you intend to do to optimize it? Not that I think you'll get full speed on that hardware with such a port... BTW, how MUCH frameskip? And don't say auto, that doesn't make any sense if you aren't hitting 60fps.

I think DesMuME is going to be the new VBA, the ultra portable emulator that everyone ports to handhelds where it runs like crap.

I don't know why people think it's a great achievement to port something that requires you change a few lines of code, but okay. At least there won't be as much idiot fanfare here as there is in the PSP scene (only a matter of time before it's fullspeed! YAYZ)

I think when it comes to emulators "never" needs to be said an awful lot.

no$gba still runs ds games better i think...

DS emulation is going to take a while to mature but its looking "ok" atm. Definately more work required but speed is nearly there (set cpu to 200%!) :D

The only goal in NDS emulation on GP2X must be "arcade" games that use upper screen for action and lower screen for score, lifes and info not really necessary to the game.

virusx said:
With the touchscreen MK3 we coud dream of a spit screen or a binded screen change button. :)
Do you really want to split merge two 256x192 screens to one 320x240 one?

I hope your dreams are in super slow motion too :B

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
I think when it comes to emulators "never" needs to be said an awful lot.
The only reason for my posting was to share the fps numbers that the existing ('unoptimized') emu runs at, on that hardware.

i am hearing this right, is this a nintendo ds emulator for the gp2x, if i am please can someone tell me where i can download it from because i loved my ds but replaced it with my gp2x f200

jsnds99 said:
i am hearing this right, is this a nintendo ds emulator for the gp2x, if i am please can someone tell me where i can download it from because i loved my ds but replaced it with my gp2x f200
Just read the thread, man, good grief. How hard is it?

Read the first post. N800. N meaning Nokia, and 3 fps at that.

I'm closing this topic as its from August 2007...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back