Bad translation or beautiful wordplay?

mindlord

Notices Two Things
Website
Visit site
I just got this article linked to me in by Google Alerts.
It took me server times to read it before I realized it was a really bad translation. I actually first thought it was written by one of those poetry bots at first glance. I hadn't had my coffee yet, and it was 6:00am.

I find the line "Seeing this latest rendering digs at our undertaking emulating fire and but makes the allurement gyration into concupiscence." particularly provocative.

"The latest pics for good and all external appearance some allusion of fruit quality dissimilar the ultimate season the Pandora popped up."

Confirmed: Pandora has some illusion of quality fruit.

That site in general smacks of really bad translations for all the articles it posts, I'm thinking it's some sort of automated process that uses Babelfish or Google translate to create news from any supported language it happens to spider.

From their article on a tiny flash drive [that looks impossible to actually grab and pull out of the USB port]:
"No longer are we going to exist subservient to huge appendages sticking abroad of our laptop’sitting party."

Yeah, I hate when huge appendages stick out of my laptop and ruin my sitting parties.

In thing done, this form seems to subsist a skinned rendering of the in conclusion model running Ångströpot-pourri Linux on its 800 x 480 4.3-inch shelter. (video demo from the tame) Seeing this latest rendering digs at our undertaking emulating fire and but makes the allurement gyration into concupiscence. Oh employee, we necessity a freedom begin and a reward.

HAHAHAHA. Wow that's just great. I think my favorite part has to be "Ångströpot-pourri".

"Ångströpot-pourri" - Alright all I want to know now is, who is going to do the fork? Or at least the Matchbox theme.

mindlord said:
It took me server times to read it before I realized it was a really bad translation.

What language was this originally? ;)

mindlord said:
"Ångströpot-pourri" - Alright all I want to know now is, who is going to do the fork? Or at least the Matchbox theme.

Gimme a knife and I'll supply the fork. ;)

It looks like this travesty of English started off as an English article at Crunchgear. It must've been translated into some other language and then translated back. Don't you love the Internet?

Back