Battery Life

Gadget

Arghhhh

I finally get my GP2X and the batteries I bought in advance aren't lasting very long at all.

I bought some 'Better Power' AA2700 (actually 2350mAh) and they lasted approx 1.5 hours this morning, and less than an hour for the 2nd set tonight. I have ordered some Energizer 2500's now, and a new charger.

Is it possible that the charger I have (7 years old) isn't 'up to the job' of charging high power batteries? Or is it just the fact they are crap?

indeed it is your charger
it would be up to the job, but it will probably take 24h+ haha
btw wrong section

well, if it was a good (expensive)charger 7 years ago it should still do the job, however if it was a cheapass sub 20$ charger it probably wont charge them fully at all or only after a looong time.

aapje89 posted on May 30 2006 at 06:51 PM said:
noo noo, those old chargers aren't made for charging nimh, they are only for nicd, charging nimh's with it is very bad for the batteries!
Charging NiMh batteries is the same as charging NiCd. I have a charger which is fine for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on May 30 2006 at 08:17 PM said:
aapje89 posted on May 30 2006 at 06:51 PM said:
noo noo, those old chargers aren't made for charging nimh, they are only for nicd, charging nimh's with it is very bad for the batteries!
Charging NiMh batteries is the same as charging NiCd. I have a charger which is fine for both.
nope definitly not.

read this: http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-11.htm

short quote: "
Simple Guidelines:
A charger for nickel-metal-hydride can also accommodate nickel-cadmium, but not the other way around. A charger designed for nickel-cadmium would overcharge the nickel-metal-hydride battery."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back