Beatbox Goes Custom In Version 1.1.

Imerion

Beatbox, my entry to the GBAX 2007 Compo just got an update. Now the game has support for custom tunes! In other words, you can use any music file you have in the game.

The implementation is quite simple and crude, but it works. The reason for it not being better is that I have already started working on a few other projects which Ill rather work on. However, I might continue to improve Beatbox if enough people wants it.

The ReadMe contains instructions for adding your own music. If any bugs turn up, please post!
The game can be downloaded here : Beatbox 1.1. Also, if the person who uploaded the game to the GP32x File Archive would like to update the version there with this new one, that would be great! I cannot do it myself, since I'm not the original uploader.

At last, have fun! And please tell me what you like/dislike with the game. Could be useful for future updates/games.

beatbox.png

Great game but i may have some track editor to creat more quikly new track.

I tried this game last night and it's AWESOME! High scores mean it's really addictive. I whipped out my :gp2x at lunch break in work today and my workmates loved it too!

PLEASE could you input the following, if you have time!

1. Name entry on the scoreboard (so we can see WHO has the highest score! :D ) Scoreboard should be saved on each exit!

2. More than one custom tune at a time (maybe custom1.ogg, custom2.ogg etc)

3. The ability to create custom wallpapers, or at least change the colours (orange is cool though! :) )

If you manage ANY of this I'll try and donate you some beer money, this game rocks! Thankyou!

I tried this game last night and it's AWESOME! High scores mean it's really addictive. I whipped out my gp2xob3cq1.gif at lunch break in work today and my workmates loved it too!

PLEASE could you input the following, if you have time!

1. Name entry on the scoreboard (so we can see WHO has the highest score! biggrin.gif ) Scoreboard should be saved on each exit!

2. More than one custom tune at a time (maybe custom1.ogg, custom2.ogg etc)

3. The ability to create custom wallpapers, or at least change the colours (orange is cool though! smile.gif )

If you manage ANY of this I'll try and donate you some beer money, this game rocks! Thankyou!

Thanks a lot! It's really fun to hear you like the game. I should be able to implement those things in a few days! Expect another release soon. :)

I'll try this again soon... the GBAX version didn't synch properly on my 2X unfortunately.

The tunes are not perfectly synced, mostly due to lack of time. I went for random patterns instead of pre-set ones. The upside is it's easy to add new tunes, the down-side is that it might not sync very well.

Great game but i may have some track editor to creat more quikly new track.

Thanks! A track editor wouldn't help though, since the patterns are randomly generated. But thanks anyway.

Imerion said:
I'll try this again soon... the GBAX version didn't synch properly on my 2X unfortunately.

The tunes are not perfectly synced, mostly due to lack of time. I went for random patterns instead of pre-set ones. The upside is it's easy to add new tunes, the down-side is that it might not sync very well.
Ah the main problem was that the GBAX version kept freezing and locking up the 2X for me... I don't know what was wrong. But Yes I'll give it another go since I like rhythm games! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah the main problem was that the GBAX version kept freezing and locking up the 2X for me... I don't know what was wrong. But Yes I'll give it another go since I like rhythm games! smile.gif

Ah, ok. That could be because the game uses overclocking. I could probably remove that now though. It isn't necessary. Only made the menu a bit smoother. (Due to the background effect used). If the game keeps locking up, try editing the starting script and change the speed to 240 or 220.

A new version should be uploaded to the news-page soon, thanks to the feedback I got here.

leggymcjeggy, all the additions you suggested have been implemented!

PokeParadox, the problem you had should have been fixed now. The game will no longer crash on certain GP2X-machines.

Hope you all enjoy the game!

Back