Best Sites For Homebrews?

my page and at the top, click on the link to Don's page, our partner site. There's not much regarding RPG stuff since there isn't really any Homebrewn RPGs that i can think of.

GP32exg.com

mr twit posted on Dec 1 2004 at 05:59 PM said:
Meh, what's wrong with big sigs? As long as they don't have big file sizes.

If everyone has big sigs it can really bog down the load times for dial-up uses. Even if the one picture look relatively small in file size. Plus a sig that takes up more room than the actual post is too distracting.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the sense of a big picture sig anyway? No offense or something, I don't get why people have a Nintendo DS or Halo picture as their sig.
Picture sigs are usually just plain unnecessary. If you're using 1024x768 or even less, it's a pain in the ass. And don't say "use the 'hide sig' function", I'd miss text sigs then. ;)

Radio posted on Dec 1 2004 at 06:07 PM said:
mr twit posted on Dec 1 2004 at 05:59 PM said:
Meh, what's wrong with big sigs? As long as they don't have big file sizes.

If everyone has big sigs it can really bog down the load times for dial-up uses. Even if the one picture look relatively small in file size. Plus a sig that takes up more room than the actual post is too distracting.

sorry for offending u its jus that i kinda like halo a lot, soz ill change it

:blink: please work

yes, just make it like ~half~ that size
i'm at home now though (i was at school when I made my last post)
and my screens resolution is bigger so its not as bad.

at school the pic went off the side of the screen ;)

ps: i could never get the color thingy to work either ;)
you gotta do it like this

{COLOR=blue}this is a test{/COLOR}

except chage the { to [ and the } to ]
you can just click on the close all tags link and it'll close any open ones

like this
this is a test

same with size and font

I actually just figured this out while making this post :lol:

tekt5 posted on Dec 1 2004 at 08:00 PM said:
yes at just make it like ~half~ that size
i'm at home now though (i was at school when I made my last post)
and my screens resolution is bigger so its not as bad.

at school the pic went off the side of the screen ;)

ps: i could never get the color thingy to work either ;)
you gotta do it like this

{COLOR=blue}this is a test{/COLOR}

except chage the { to [ and the } to ]
you can just click on the close all tags link and it'll close any open ones

like this
this is a test

same with size and font

I actually just figured this out while making this post :lol:

thanks i think that i have the hang of it now. Hows this sig? :p

Nice new sig! B) Not offended, just a heads up. ;)

I do like banner sigs just not too big for the reasons I've already mentioned. To give you an idea of a good sized sig, one forum I visit has a limit of banners being no bigger than 450 x 120 pixels in size. Enough to play around with but not too big for the forum and people with low screen resolutions. Other banners ads I more commonly see (like the advert at the top of this forum) are 468 x 60 pixels in size which I personally prefer for my own banners but I guess that's because it's what I'm used to.

Radio posted on Dec 1 2004 at 08:53 PM said:
Nice new sig! B) Not offended, just a heads up. ;)

I do like banner sigs just not too big for the reasons I've already mentioned. To give you an idea of a good sized sig, one forum I visit has a limit of banners being no bigger than 450 x 120 pixels in size. Enough to play around with but not too big for the forum and people with low screen resolutions. Other banners ads I more commonly see (like the advert at the top of this forum) are 468 x 60 pixels in size which I personally prefer for my own banners but I guess that's because it's what I'm used to.

i agree that my old sig was a bit too large i dint mean to put that 1 on i made a smaller onebut have lost it B) . i jus had to order anothe 166+ Blu from from gpax cause i used the wrong card address, but its very fast delivery so im not too bovered and plus im not ganna b able to use it until christmas only 2 weeks of skool left cant wait :)

Back