Blank Screen At Bootup? Help Please!

broona

Still Fresh
I was playing Xenon II earlier today, and I think the batteries went flat, GP32 turned itself off anyway. Put fresh batteries in, switch on, nothing on screen at all. Red power LED on solid, the FLU switch works and turns the light on and off, but I can't get anything to load. Tried holding L at bootup, Select at bootup, etc, but all to no avail. The system's running GPBios with Slubmans firmware, and had been working perfectly up until this morning! :(

Fishbong posted on May 3 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
I never used GP Bios, but could it be that your SMC is corrupted and GP Bios crashes/freezes whilst trying to load from the SMC?

It does it whether or not the SMC's in the machine, and have also tried a blank SMC with exactly the same outcome. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel posted on May 4 2006 at 04:04 PM said:
hold select while turning the power on, does that give you any options on booting?

Tried holding each button separately whilst powering up, L+R together, Start+Select together, etc, but nothing even gives a flicker of anything but a blank screen?! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't help you anymore, I don't run that firmware, i run Aquafish's firmware.

I don't know how you are going to reflash since you have to be able to run the .fxe to re flash the GP32, if you are able to get somewhere to run an .fxe, then i'd suggest, if you have a card reader, to download pac-rom, transfer it via card reader, and then run the smc fix tool before you try to reflash.

Back