BLOOD

Dosbox by default uses soundblaster 16 emulation Use: Address(A)=220, Interrupt(I)=7, DMA(D)=1, High DMA(H)=5, Card Type(T)6

This information shows on start-up of DOSBOX under the SET BLASTER= line. If your DOSBOX soundcard setup is any different it will show on that line with the letters I have in parenthesis above.

Use these for sound card settings, not all these setting may be needed in the setup.
Dude you are a frickin genius....... I LIVE AGAIN ...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Works perfect...w/sound.  WHOA  :lol:

Last edited:
Hi,

Transfusion

Blood was ported to the Quake engine under a project called Transfusion. Formerly known as qBlood, the project was renamed to avoid possible legal issues with the Blood trademark owned by Infogrames/Atari.[7]Transfusion is currently still under development, with more recent releases using the DarkPlaces engine, but the multiplayer portion (including bots) is complete, allowing the possibility of playing across the Internet. There are also plans to eventually get all the single player game's functionality working, including all four original episodes, as well as those contained in the Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage expansions. Important people inside the project have noted interest in completing a similar effort as Transfusion, for Blood's sequel Blood II: The Chosen.
Zblood

Blood was also ported to the Doom engine under a total conversion project, later it was moved to ZDoom due to that source ports enhanced effects (and officially titled ZBlood).[8] It contains most of the Blood enemies and weapons with a new gun, the Revolver. It also contains many enemies that were only seen in the Plasma Pak. The game includes several remakes of Blood, Plasma Pak, and Cryptic Passage levels as well as many originals. The game's story makes it a fan made sequel to Blood but a prequel to Blood II: The Chosen.
All quotes are from this wikipedia page.

Bye, Magic Sam

I've tried Transfusion on the Pandora with the darkplaces engine.. it's multiplayer only and a bit laggy even on a 1ghz pandora. Not to mention the project has been practically been abandoned.

zblood?, that seems a bit backwards going from build->doom engine.

Blood is semi-playable with Dosbox, it's most likely the best we can get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
when xlengine get's opensourced when ready it'll be much better...

edit: http://xlengine.com/ and as a bonus we'll also get dark force and daggerfall...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried Transfusion on the Pandora with the darkplaces engine.. it's multiplayer only and a bit laggy even on a 1ghz pandora. Not to mention the project has been practically been abandoned.

zblood?, that seems a bit backwards going from build->doom engine.

Blood is semi-playable with Dosbox, it's most likely the best we can get it.
I'm very happy w/ BLOOD for DosBox. Thought I would never be able to play it.

Thanks again Trashy :)

Last edited:
After changing the setup.exe it works :) but too slow on my cc 256 :(

Back