Bluetooth Pan Dhcp

daniel3000

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I have successfully established a Bluetooth PAN between the Pandora and a Windows XP notebook.
However, in rder to make this work I had to assign an IP manually to bnep0.

In network manager, bnep0 is not editable, so I cannot configure it to use DHCP there.
Is there another way to make the Bluetooth PAN DHCP mechanism work with bnep0?

Thanks!

Daniel

Hm... it does work out of the box with my mobile phone, and that's also a PAN connection.
It does normal DHCP there.

Hi ED,

I assume you mean a connection between Pandora and phone, not phone and Windows laptop?

Is bnep0 editable for you in Networkmanager?

Thanks
Daniel

(I have no idea on whether the current (pre-HF4?) kernel works with PAN/BNEP, but if data moves it's ok)

So anyways if you're doing it the console way (I'm not compatible with networkmanager) you can just sudo dhclient bnep0 (I'm often already root, but thats because I'm hacking all the time :p) to have it try to get an IP for bnep0. Of course you must have a DHCP server that can hear and respond there, etc (this is where I guess your problem might really be, but dunno).

urjaman said:
(I have no idea on whether the current (pre-HF4?) kernel works with PAN/BNEP, but if data moves it's ok)

So anyways if you're doing it the console way (I'm not compatible with networkmanager) you can just sudo dhclient bnep0 (I'm often already root, but thats because I'm hacking all the time :p ) to have it try to get an IP for bnep0. Of course you must have a DHCP server that can hear and respond there, etc (this is where I guess your problem might really be, but dunno).
When will we see Hotfix 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
mrdremel said:
urjaman said:

So anyways if you're doing it the console way (I'm not compatible with networkmanager) you can just sudo dhclient bnep0 (I'm often already root, but thats because I'm hacking all the time :p ) to have it try to get an IP for bnep0. Of course you must have a DHCP server that can hear and respond there, etc (this is where I guess your problem might really be, but dunno).
When will we see Hotfix 4?

As soon as I find more time to wrap it up for a first beta test.
Should be sometimes next week at latest.

Last edited:
Back