Bob Poll "what Do You Want?"

What features are ideal

• Single usb (you supply your own hub, allowing for smaller bob)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 port usb hub

• s-video

• composite video (yellow rca)

• 3.5 output for audio and video (think camcorder style cable)

• portable (ie battery powered)

• option for ac adapter

• serial

• jtag

• $30-$50 price range

• $45-$75 price range

• Total voters

I think aswell as the T.V video and sound cables it should have-I can't remember what it's called but a port where a screen plugs in.
Then when you wanted to you could just swap it with your PC, plug in your screen, and your mouse and keyboard.
Alternatively, when you wanted you could also just plug it into your T.V to play games.

An extra SD Card slot would also be nice, then you could put in a wifi SD Card or games card aswell as having the one allready in your GP2X

Eddie

Eddie said:
I think aswell as the T.V video and sound cables it should have-I can't remember what it's called but a port where a screen plugs in.
Then when you wanted to you could just swap it with your PC, plug in your screen, and your mouse and keyboard.
Alternatively, when you wanted you could also just plug it into your T.V to play games.

An extra SD Card slot would also be nice, then you could put in a wifi SD Card or games card aswell as having the one allready in your GP2X

Eddie
:blink: :blink: , If you mean VGA, then no, you will have to open up the GP2X, find the pins on the video processor and connect them, then get out the manual on the Encoding chip and write a program to set the VGA output mode.

At least this is theoretically possible, if we ever go to the MMSP2+ processor (AKA GPX3), the TV-Out will be onboard a BGA with no way to get to the pins and add our own hack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible yes but I seriously doubt the is enough demand for it. Besides it is outside my needs and therefore would be rather low on my priority list.

Good idea though. As for wireless I am in the process of sourcing a cheap reliable solution but I feel the need for it would be nil without games that could be used over it or the keyboard mod cr8tive is working on. The only other use off hand I could think of would be a wireless samba share but I think you could attain better transfer speeds over the built in usb 2.0 port.

Toxic_d

Sorry I haven't updated this thread... I think I will be starting a new thread soon. I'm just waiting for parts before I post. I will try to keep a running pricelist going and pics as well.

Toxic_d

You know what I want, personally? Just TV-out and USB host. Hell, if it's cheaper just a cable works fine instead of an actual breakout board. I'm not picky, I just want to plug in gamepads and keyboards and the like.

Speaking of gamepads, can they control the menus when plugged in, or just the applications that support them?

Back