boot from usb memory stick

milkshake

Advanced Member
I know we can boot from memorystick 1 (left hand side stick) but can we boot from usb stick and if so what files are required etc? or would this require a change to the boot loader?

thanks in advance.

Needs atleast a change to u-boot configuration. I dunno about the state of its usb drivers, u-boot has (atleast on an other platform i've worked on) had support for reading usb sticks. Anyways it would delay normal boot noticably atleast if you have USB devices attached.

Needs atleast a change to u-boot configuration. I dunno about the state of its usb drivers, u-boot has (atleast on an other platform i've worked on) had support for reading usb sticks. Anyways it would delay normal boot noticably atleast if you have USB devices attached.

is it possible though? because it would be a neet feature, I have a 32gb sandisk cruzer memory stick I could boot from, at the moment I use it as a personal ubuntu install which i can load from anyones pc but i could also use it to boot pandora os on the pandora if this feature gets added.

It is possible, but not with the current boot loader. I don't suspect adding that feature is high on OPTs list of things to add, so don't expect it to happen unless someone else hacks it in.

Back