Building A Usb Host Cord...

cwncool

Still Fresh
I know I can buy one, but I'd like to build my own. I have the newest edition GP2X, so I can supply the 5V power straight from the EXT port. I just want a cable that I can connect either a flash drive or maybe a wifi stick or something to it. I know it'll use power fast by having the 5V supplied by the GP2X, but that's fine with me. Is there maybe some sort of tutorial on doing this, or some kind of instructions? Thanks!

Cool. Thanks for that! After reading through that, I'm less sure of building one myself. :p

cwncool said:
Cool. Thanks for that! After reading through that, I'm less sure of building one myself. :p
yeah, me too ... I fear soldering ever since I botched an Afterburner mod for my GBA :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
cwncool said:
Sorry, it is a little involved, but you can't really go wrong if you don't connect any power lines to ground or data lines.

nubie said:
cwncool said:
Sorry, it is a little involved, but you can't really go wrong if you don't connect any power lines to ground or data lines.

Yeah, I know. It's a good guide and I've done things like that before too. I don't really have anywhere to buy components though either (all local radioshacks have none) so there'd be a lot of online ordering. haha.

Back