Builtin Games Gone

strangeattractor

Still Fresh
I just received my wiz and flashed the new firmware 1.1. Now all my builtin games are gone. Anyone know how to get them back? Also I created and AVI and placed it on the SD. The video player doesn't see it. Finally tried hooking the usb to my Mac. The drive is not recognized.

Need help.

Thanks.

Animatch is pretty addictive, thats the only one i'd care about.

All built in games are available for download at dl.openhandhelds.org
Place them in the game folder on the nand, make sure that the <gamename>.ini is included.
Put your avi in the movie folder on the sd-card (if it's not there, create this folder).

beavith said:
Why would you want the games back?

Both Alex and I have one of our games on the Wiz so I find your post kind of offensive :p. Oh, and they are homebrew games..... quake isn't - it was a commercial game that went opensource i believe ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
beavith said:
Alex. said:
beavith said:
Why would you want the games back?
Why would you not?
There were a couple winners there, but the fun is all in Homebrew and Emulation. Id rather play Quake, but thats just my opinion.

You seem to be under the impression that you can only have one or the other... there's no reason the OP can't have the pre-installed games and downloaded software on there at the same time...

Im not saying you need one or the other, im just saying that if i lost my built-ins i would just forget about it. And i didnt mean quake was either of those, i just typed it wrong. I mean no offense, my friends love some of the built ins. I dont like Final Fantasy and other people do. I just dont like some games, and so i just dont care.

So, to Alex and Peter, I dont mean to be offensive. But, im not going to like every game, you know? Im sure you would hate any of the games i've made :p

So after weeks of reading various Dingoo vs. Wiz threads, I decided to get a Wiz 'cuz of the OLED and MAME performance. Got it over a week ago and loaded it up chock full of win. Tested out a few ROMs here & there from random emulators, just to compare them to the ones on PSP. Since then, whenever I start up my Wiz, all I play is Boomshine2x and Animatch. Got some dust on my PSP now. Damn you, Peter R!!! :)

yoonakron said:
So after weeks of reading various Dingoo vs. Wiz threads, I decided to get a Wiz 'cuz of the OLED and MAME performance. Got it over a week ago and loaded it up chock full of win. Tested out a few ROMs here & there from random emulators, just to compare them to the ones on PSP. Since then, whenever I start up my Wiz, all I play is Boomshine2x and Animatch. Got some dust on my PSP now. Damn you, Peter R!!! :)
Don't forget to thank Ruckage for Animatch too!

Back