Caanoo-A7800: Atari 7800 Emulator For Caanoo V1.1.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
caanoo-a7800.jpg

Hi All,

ProSystem is the best emulator of Atari 7800 game console, running on Windows system.
It has been written by Greg Stanton, see http://home.comcast.net/~gscottstanton for details.

Here is a port on Caanoo of the version i've previously ported to Wiz.

I would like to thanks zLouD for his help on Caanoo beta-testing !

on my blog

Enjoy,

Zx.

Thank you very much, Atari rocks!

EDIT: Tried it, runs very good, your Dingoo port of the 7800 emu hadn't played all sound (e.g. music in Ballblazer), this one does, great. Is it possible, that the sound is played a liitle bit to slow? Hard to describe, especially the music in the games sound a little bit strange, but this can also be my imagination. Thanks again.

Hi Zx, any chance, that you have a look at the sound of the emulator, tried it again and the emu is great, but some sounds definitely are wrong.

Hey thanks now we have all the old school Atari's emulated :)

NEXT...........

Em the atari st, jaguar!?!?!

Na but thanks for the emulator and your contributions to the caanoo and dingoo!

paul3100

I've had problems with a few of the games on this emulator e.g. Ikari Warriors. Does anyone have any idea why?

Here's the games (that I know of) not working

Meltdown
Ikari Warriors
Scrapyard Dog

the rest run pretty sweet so far so good :)

Wayne253 said:
Here's the games (that I know of) not working

Meltdown
Ikari Warriors
Scrapyard Dog

the rest run pretty sweet so far so good :)

OK thanks for the heads up. Can anything be done to try to get these games to work? I heard the 7800 version of Ikari Warriors was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninja Golf also has a bit of weirdness where the sprites don't always appear.

When running those other games, I just get a black screen, fortunately I can hit button 1 to get back into the menu

Back