Caanoo-Dropbear : Ssh Server & Client For The Caanoo V0.52

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
caanoo-dropbear.jpg

Hi All,

Dropbear is a small SSH2 Server and Client running on a variety of POSIX-based platforms.
It has been mainly developed by Matt Johnston (see http://matt.ucc.asn.au ).

Scachi did a port to the Wiz, and i've recompiled it for the caanoo. It includes 'scp' so you can use the dropbear server
to transfert files (using scp with termlua2x from caanoo side, or scp / winssh from your PC side).

That's what i'm using to dev on the caano, to transfert cross-compiled binaries etc :p

Be careful, if you want to connect to your caanoo you must use the -t option no to launch a login shell
or it will relaunch the menu etc and make a big mess on your caanoo session. The following command should work properly :

ssh root@caanoo_ip_address -t "/bin/sh"

Or you can also use scp for example :

scp foobar.gpe root @ caanoo_ip_address:/mnt/sd/game/foobar/foobard.gpe

You may find a working version and the source code on my blog : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr

Enjoy,

Zx.

This sounds pretty awesome... do you know if i can use it to mount the caanoo as a filesystem on my desktop? I ususally use sshfs and that way use drag-n-drop to copy files over. Any idea if this will work?

Sorry for asking, my caanoo is in korea for repair, so i cannot try it out myself yet.

afaik it requires sftp_server to be installed on the caanoo, which is not the case (sftp doesn't work either). So it won't work.

i didn't know of the -t option, i was always wondering why the menu came up all the time when i was connecting to it, thx.

I'm trying to get scp to work on the Wiz, but the OpenSSH FAQ says: "scp(1) must be in the default PATH on both the client and the server".

Did you make any other adjustments in the Caanoo build for this to work otherwise or does one have to modify the NAND filesystem (ie modify PATH settings or copy the scp binary)?

Back