Can Anybody Help Me With Psp Stuff?

dosteridge

I play, therefore I am?
Website
Visit site
Hi, my sister in law had a free psp with a phone she bought, did'nt want it, and has given it to me :D The only problem is I do not have a clue what im supposed to do with it. I would like to try some of the emulators out (just to see how they compare to my 2x) but I think im supposed to use and older firmware for that?

Does anybody know the best firmware to use, what I need to do to downgrade, what an eloader is etc....

I have had a look on the wiki and a psp forum, but it all seems really confusing to a complete noob! if anybody could give me a rough basic bit of guidence and maybe some useful links, that would be great.

Can't do much at the moment though as im waiting for one of those memory sticks to arrive.

Thanks in advance.

first of all:

What firmware are you currently on?
Is the psp a t82 (tao82?!?) motherboard? (sesrch around for a pic of that)
What homebrew do you want to use?
Do you wish to play umd backups?

I might as well use this thread to ask a question with some useful information in it... my friend has had a PSP for quite a while now, but unfortunately I didn't stop him in time from updating to 2.82. Is there no hack out to downgrade this version yet? I'd like to get 2.71SE on there, but I guess that might not be possible now from what I've heard :(

Anonymous D posted on Dec 13 2006 at 11:03 PM said:
first of all:

What firmware are you currently on?
Is the psp a t82 (tao82?!?) motherboard? (sesrch around for a pic of that)
What homebrew do you want to use?
Do you wish to play umd backups?

Hi, im at work at the moment, so I will have a look tonight at the firmware and motherboard. I would mostly like to use the emulators of anything from spectrum, lynx upto snes and gba. I would also like to play backups of umd's. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudi posted on Dec 14 2006 at 02:42 AM said:
I might as well use this thread to ask a question with some useful information in it... my friend has had a PSP for quite a while now, but unfortunately I didn't stop him in time from updating to 2.82. Is there no hack out to downgrade this version yet? I'd like to get 2.71SE on there, but I guess that might not be possible now from what I've heard :(

As of right now 2.82 isn't downgradable. As far as I can see the 2.71 Downgrader is the highest as of right now and Devhook HenC runs on 2.71. On the plus side people running Devhook are up to 3.02 firmware. When they crack and downgrade 2.82(assuming your friend doesn't have a TA-082 board) 3.02 will be a reality via Devhook.

I check DCEmu every day for news and homebrew releases. Worth checking out for your PSP.

Hi, the firmware is 2.01 and It is NOT a TA082 :)

does this mean that its ok for emulation? I have read somewhere that firmware 2.71 allows kernal access, so, should I upgrade to 2.71 and them downgrade to 1.5 or something like that?

I would like to play umd's, backups of umd's and emulators for practicaly everything

Many thanks

yeah upgrade to 2.71 then use the downgrader that you dont need gta:liberty city for, you'll end up at 1.50, then get the 2.71 custom firmware easy installer, you should get this at psp-hacks.com or pspupdates, its an .exe file that you run and installs everything on your psp you need to upgrade, one thing ive found with the downgrader, sometimes it can take many trys for the screen to turn red like its supposed to, so dont give up.

yup my psp was originally a 1.0 jap one and i updated to 1.5 then 2.0 then downgraded to 1.5. I will never update it coz you dont need to really i mean im playin 3.02 games on it now :D and even using remote play on my ps3 ---->HERE

So if you do get teh chance to downgrade just make it 1.5

Thats great, thanks for your help everyone, I will probably get stuck at some point so keep your eyes peeled for another post :rolleyes:

Edit:typo's

Back