Can I Charge My Caanoo With This Charger?

king diamond

Still Fresh
I live in North America and have the "Belkin MicroCharge + ChargeSync" i use for my iPod and iPhone.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/belkin-belkin-iphone-micro-ac-charger-f8z981ttp-f8z981ttp/10155488.aspx?path=756dbf56ea6784e7eaa42f61823b1cc8en02

I was wondering if I could use this to charge my Caanoo or will I burn the battery?

The box says "1 AMP".

I don't understand amps etc.

Thank you all kindly for the help :)

That charger should work fine. Amperage usually won't make any difference, but you should generally shoot for at least 500mA (half what that charger provides). Any lower and the battery will only charge more slowly, higher and it just won't pull any more current than the battery's controller circuit will allow. The thing you really want to look out for is the voltage, which should be near 5v on any real USB device.

Some charging hardware will do funky things to the data pins like apple (bridging with a random series of resistors depending on specific product it is made for) or Motorola phones (Grounding to the 5V line), but the Caanoo seems to ignore the data pins entirely when charging as far as I've seen to this point.

Don't Worry, you can use most standard USB Chargers... for example I use the original iPhone USB Charger...

Gab1975 said:
Don't Worry, you can use most standard USB Chargers... for example I use the original iPhone USB Charger...

Thank you. I appreciate the response. Its a pain not having a computer around when the Caanoo battery dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back