Can Someone Help With This Gp2x Problem Please

sjstimer

Still Fresh
Hi

I just upgraded to fimware 4.1.0 from the gp2x.com site and whenever I go to games and then sd card and then load a game or emulator and then exit it, it goes back to the main gp2x screen and if I want to select a different game or different emulator I have to go to games and then sd card all over again, is there a way of making the gp2x stay in the directory you launched the game/emulator in instead of automatically going back to the main gp2x screen all the time when you exit a game/emulator. This was ok in firmware 4.0

Many Thanks

S.S.

I don't think there is.
But, if you install Gmenu2X then you can lauch games straight from the main menu so your problem should be solved. Yayy!

Hi

DarkScale said:
I don't think there is.
But, if you install Gmenu2X then you can lauch games straight from the main menu so your problem should be solved. Yayy!
Actually I had installed gmenu2x but it is still the same e.g. when I put autoboot on the gp2x settings and swicth the gp2x off and on again it will boot into gmenu2x but I soon as a start an emulator or game and then exit that emulator or game it goes back to the normal gp2x screen. I have warped set to on and the other setting switch to on in the gmenu2x settings but it still does it. As I said this has only happend since I upgraded to 4.1.0 and was ok in 4.0

Many Thanks

S.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you did the upgrade correctly?
Did you only run the patch (sounds like it) or did you also do the Kernel upgrade procedure (press and keep pressed HOME and SELECT while switching on until "Upgrading Firmware" appears?)

my upgrade went through. Startup screen shows ver 4.1.0

Upon exiting, screen Shows prior to Start of Program in GPMenu for a flash of a second almost like you are back in GPMenu, but then you get dumped in old frontend.

Peace

Link
:pandora1:

Well, I guess GPH did change something in the Menu code then.
Seems like Autoboot only runs once - and that's why the gpmenu doesn't launch gp2xmenu again after you quit a game.

EvilDragon said:
Well, I guess GPH did change something in the Menu code then.
Seems like Autoboot only runs once - and that's why the gpmenu doesn't launch gp2xmenu again after you quit a game.
I hadn't tried to actually play anything on 4.1.0 until last night and when I did, I also noticed this... Simply amazing. Are they incompetent or just stupid. Was this some coding mistake that disabled the autorun or did they intentionally decide the change the behavior of their menu code after what...3 years.

I can't imagine how frustrating this is to you distributors who have to try and support this mess. At least I can throw mine up on ebay and forget about it with no ramifications except possibly disappointing the 5 people who use ommpc... :p

Oh well, one more thing to code around... Can't wait for :pandora1: !!!

sjstimer said:
Actually I had installed gmenu2x but it is still the same e.g. when I put autoboot on the gp2x settings and swicth the gp2x off and on again it will boot into gmenu2x but I soon as a start an emulator or game and then exit that emulator or game it goes back to the normal gp2x screen. I have warped set to on and the other setting switch to on in the gmenu2x settings but it still does it. As I said this has only happend since I upgraded to 4.1.0 and was ok in 4.0

Yep I'm getting the exact same behavior and came here to post to see if I was the only one. Guess not. Hope they fix this soon 'cause it's really annoying.

...also the new gmenu2x touchscreen function doesn't work either. Considering going back to 4.0.

Is this something that GpMenu developers can overcome?

If not, I think I'll uninstall GPMenu for simplicity and one GUI

Patiently waiting for :pandora1:

Peace

Link

Same problem here. I even went so far as to edit the specific config files to make sure that I had wrapper=true and though I did, my f200 running 4.1.0 fw still dumps to the default menu after exiting a game/app/emu from Gmenu2x. I thought it was just me...

p B)

Yeah same here. I can't even test if the newest test gmenu works as a fresh install won't let me access the context menu :(

Ditto... however, after getting dumped back to the general frontend, I select Games > SD Card and then run the autorun file from the root of the sd card to go back into Gmenu2x without having to do a full restart.

I thought it was just me. I went through the trouble of changing all GPEs to restart gmenu2x but its pretty ghey to do that for everything, including binaries.

Anyone figure it out yet or should I switch back to 4.0.0?

Noisome

Now I can't add new programs, icons, etc with GP2Menu.

WHen I hit select, the screen to edit the control pops up for a millisecond and disappears, doesn't allow me to toggle or make any changes.

Any clue?

Thanks!

Link

Don't worry, Open2X is coming along quickly and gp2xmenu will be a distant, frightening memory.

Senor Quack,

Thank you for that tidbit of information.

Glad to know better things haven't stopped along with the production of GP2X itself.

My eyes will be looking for an update!

Danks

Link

Mjlink said:
Now I can't add new programs, icons, etc with GP2Menu.

WHen I hit select, the screen to edit the control pops up for a millisecond and disappears, doesn't allow me to toggle or make any changes.

Any clue?

Thanks!

Link
If I remember well, that's a known problem with the latest 1.0 test version of GMenu2x. 0.9 doesn't have this problem, you should give that one a try, or alternatively create shortcuts by hand from your PC.

Back