Can you damage your GP32 ?

Betty 2001

I've just got my GP32 and am enjoying it far more than my GBA with Flash Card.

However, I've read on these forums several people mentioning that they could damage their GP32 by overclocking. I've got a fair idea of what overclocking means, but which programs do this ?.

Is there a danger of running a program and overclocking you GP32 without you knowing it ?

Thanks very much.

p.s I've only joined this forum about a week ago and just want to thank everyone for their help and friendliness with my stupid questions over the last week, you guys have really helped me out.

Cheers.

hi Betty, you have to read the previous post : Overclocking = reduced system life? [posted by: Hazel] to obtain some information about overclocking... For the moment the only risks you can obtain are to low life your batteries and that the "overclocked" progs don't work (as Gpscumm, but there is two version, 133 Mhz and 166 Mhz)... So don't worry, be happy (lalala la lalala...)

Only thing to remember with a heavilly overclocked program is that if, by any chance, your GP32 can't handle it and crashes, its a god idea to turn it off quickly as it may well wtill be running behind the crash as it were at high speed... sort of like trying to drive a car with the breaks on (not sure b out this, but better t be safe than sorry). Just turn off fast if you get a crash.

Back