Cannot power up or recharge?

sixtyfifthbit

I had my Pandora on sleep mode for a while, but when I woke up today I found it turned off; and attempts to charge it via USB are failing, as the device doesn't even power up to recharge. Is it beyond hope? I've tried removing the battery and replacing, with no change.

EDIT: Delete this - charging by proper charger pushed in enough to get things going - I just hope I didn't overdrain and damage the battery...

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if you try to power / charge it with the actual wall charger?

...Patnik.

pandora just needs a certain amount of juice to power up, which USB fails to provide, so even when our battery is depleted, leave it plugged in for 15min so it gets enough power to turn on

pandora just needs a certain amount of juice to power up, which USB fails to provide, so even when our battery is depleted, leave it plugged in for 15min so it gets enough power to turn on
Interesting, I'll try that next time I have that trouble. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to really matter whether you use the USB or the AC adapter to charge, it won't start charging without enough power to turn on. Or at least it doesn't give any evidence that it's charging without being turned on.

I'll have to see if your method works next time I'm in that situation.

From what I recall, it will charge very slowly until there is enough power to boot, at which point a bunch of complicated charge-control software takes over.

I might be talking nonsense though - try the wiki.

Back