Cant Get Osnes9x V0.2 Working

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
I got 2 gp32s, one is a 172mhz flu, and the other is a 160mhz nlu.

I tried it on both of them and they both freeze after loading the rom (tried mario world clean dump). (even after i try lower overclocks) Yes it loads in my v0.3 snes

The Nlu doesnt have any other osnes9x versions on it, or a cfg file. The Flu does though but it wont work on either. Any comments/help would help me out cuz i want to use the v0.2 one since its a little bit faster than the v0.3 :).

Does it have to do with the name of the file or...

The only thing I can say is to try another rom ;) .. which probably isn't what you wanted to hear. I've never used 0.3 though.. just 0.2

tekt5 posted on May 19 2005 at 03:58 PM said:
The only thing I can say is to try another rom ;) .. which probably isn't what you wanted to hear. I've never used 0.3 though.. just 0.2

... yes i know thats wat i want help on is the 0.2 one heh.

I have tried mario world, zelda, donkey kong, and terranigma zipped, and unzipped roms, what could be the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Having the same problem. I tried about 6-7 different roms, both zipped and unzipped. Won't boot anything with 0.2. I downloaded .2 straight from yoyofr's site, is there a another place to get it?

Off Topic: for those of you using .2, is the sound anybetter than .3? I know .2 is faster than .3 w/sound, but is the sound quality any better? On some games the crackling is just unbearable.

reaper79 posted on May 20 2005 at 06:26 AM said:
Having the same problem. I tried about 6-7 different roms, both zipped and unzipped. Won't boot anything with 0.2. I downloaded .2 straight from yoyofr's site, is there a another place to get it?

Off Topic: for those of you using .2, is the sound anybetter than .3? I know .2 is faster than .3 w/sound, but is the sound quality any better? On some games the crackling is just unbearable.

im pretty sure there is less

Drak posted on May 20 2005 at 03:34 PM said:
Having the same problem.  I tried about 6-7 different roms, both zipped and unzipped.  Won't boot anything with 0.2.  I downloaded .2 straight from yoyofr's site, is there a another place to get it? 

Off Topic: for those of you using .2, is the sound anybetter than .3?  I know .2 is faster than .3 w/sound, but is the sound quality any better?  On some games the crackling is just unbearable.

Try deleting the stuff related to os9xgp in GPetc I think it is.
That's how I sorted it.
Zipped roms work fine

Goity posted on May 20 2005 at 10:30 AM said:
Drak posted on May 20 2005 at 03:34 PM said:
Having the same problem.  I tried about 6-7 different roms, both zipped and unzipped.  Won't boot anything with 0.2.  I downloaded .2 straight from yoyofr's site, is there a another place to get it? 

Off Topic: for those of you using .2, is the sound anybetter than .3?  I know .2 is faster than .3 w/sound, but is the sound quality any better?  On some games the crackling is just unbearable.

Try deleting the stuff related to os9xgp in GPetc I think it is.
That's how I sorted it.
Zipped roms work fine

Yep, I did all that, and it still won't work. The only game I can get running (didn't check this game last time) is super mario allstars. None of the other games will work, and they all work fine for 0.3, I just get a black screen after it try to load the game. Could this be a Firmware issue? Using Slubmans non-Blu+ with gpdrive. What are you using Drak?

Deleted User posted on May 20 2005 at 11:42 AM said:
delete the config in the gpect folder

As per my response to Goity, I already did that. I don't think that there is a chance that I got 10 bad roms either (especially since they all work under 0.3). I even tried it on a blank SMC with nothing but .2 and some roms, it still hangs, except under Mario Allstars.

Found out the problem and here is the solution: Under 0.3 I had made individual configs for each game, and these configs are not compatible with 0.2, it starts to load them then hangs. I went through the snes directory and deleted all my cfg files, and viola, it works now. Reason it didn't work on the blank SMC is the same, I back up my directories on my computer, and I just copied over everything that was backed up, including the cfgs. The reason mario allstars worked is because i never play that, seeing as the originals in LJ.4 run way much better.

Now all we need is an OC'ed version of 0.2, is there one available like the versions for 0.3?

Cheers!

No prob man i found that a while ago :)

Heres a Hint of advice TO EVERYONE OSNEs9x V0.2 OWNS 0.3!

For one thing the speed is MUCH smoother with sound of course. Mario World Runs at FULL speed at 180MHZ v 0.2 while on the 0.3 it takes up to 200MHZ..

this emu is insane and has made me very happy! cuz i love snes and was hoping it would be as good as the lovable as the DrmD, it probably will be once i MOD my gamepark with ram and overclock resistor mods. Its basic soldering so ya B)

Drak posted on May 20 2005 at 06:14 PM said:

For one thing the speed is MUCH smoother with sound of course. Mario World Runs at FULL speed at 180MHZ v 0.2 while on the 0.3 it takes up to 200MHZ..

this emu is insane and has made me very happy! cuz i love snes and was hoping it would be as good as the lovable as the DrmD, it probably will be once i MOD my gamepark with ram and overclock resistor mods. Its basic soldering so ya B)

I completely agree, the speed with sound is soooo much better. I REALLY need sound to play games, and Super Mario World w/ sound in .2 seems almost as fast as Super Mario World w/o sound in .3 (at least to me w/ maybe 1 fs added) Unless you can really tolerate no sound, I don't see why 0.3 would ever be a consideration. Does .3 have more compatibility or anything extra?

reaper79 posted on May 20 2005 at 05:28 PM said:
Drak posted on May 20 2005 at 06:14 PM said:

this emu is insane and has made me very happy! cuz i love snes and was hoping it would be as good as the lovable as the DrmD, it probably will be once i MOD my gamepark with ram and overclock resistor mods. Its basic soldering so ya  B)

I completely agree, the speed with sound is soooo much better. I REALLY need sound to play games, and Super Mario World w/ sound in .2 seems almost as fast as Super Mario World w/o sound in .3 (at least to me w/ maybe 1 fs added) Unless you can really tolerate no sound, I don't see why 0.3 would ever be a consideration. Does .3 have more compatibility or anything extra?

I know its kind of sad how slow 0.3 is :eek:

Back