Castaway 008.1 Released!

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Sorry tapsel,

008 does have a bug when deleting files; it can delet the wrong file, which could take out your tos.rom or the like.

Castaway can onyl work in the ATARIST directory, so dont' worry, it'd never hurt anything else. It also never writes to any of its files, exceopt the SAV file and the .TXT cache file. And in this case, delete the wrong disk image (in the ATARIST directory only).

008.1 fixes the deletion issue, and adds more stuff into the database.

http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/gp32.html

jeff

Thanks for setting people's minds at rest on the formatting SMC issue! Never thought it'd be a problem myself, but I know a lot of people have been worried....

stickofjoy posted on May 10 2003 said:
just came on here to flag the delete bug, but seems people are on the ball here!

i'm off to batch crc all the PP discs. shame crc32 doesn't work with wildcards... :(

edit: just found this util that is a windows interface that allows you to select multiple files to crc32 :)

http://www.cyberdyne-software.com/crc32.ht....com/crc32.html
It shuodl be batch, but asn issue with Microsoft prevented it; the other CRC tool may or may not work -- there are several variations of CRC32 in actuality, and we'r eusing one of the variens so that I could bring in data rom several other sources. So make sure to try a few on your gP32 before doing all the merge work.. woudl hate to have you waste your time :(

I shoudl have a DOS batch tool monday, that spits out the cRCs for alll files in the current directory, etc.

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
i checked a few individuals that were already in the db before commencing! :rolleyes:

check your email for the results of my labour.

I'll check tonight or tomorrow; checked now and nothign from you that I can see :)

I'm just suckign down dbug fro Joe's right now; hope he doesn't mind a whole-directory-fetch :)

jeff

Back