Celestial Mage Update

uzplayer

Still Fresh
Hey everyone,

Thought I would give an update on Celestial Mage for the GamePark 32. Right now, were working with our programmers to port the game. With any luck, the GP32 version of Celestial Mage will come out shortly after the Windows XP version. (We got so much support from the GP32 and Tapwave Zodiac communities. Thank you!)

Also, we released a merchandise line for Celestial Mage based off the concept art we'll be using for intro screens, boxes, etc. Below is the release. More information can be found at www.stonewallinteractive.com.

For Immediate Release

Celestial Mage merchandise line hits cyber-shelves
Which runestone are you? – Life’s next big question to be answered.

Kissimmee, FL – September 9, 2005 – Stonewall Interactive, a premier independent game developer and publisher today unveiled their first line of merchandise based off their highly anticipated puzzle/strategy game, Celestial Mage.

“Were excited to unveil our first line of merchandise,” said Rocky Jalil, President and CEO of Stonewall Interactive. “As an indie game developer, we want to continue to see the community thrive. We want to see the community to have continued success. The merchandise we created is one way for us to ensure that happens.”

The merchandise line includes t-shirts, mousepads and hats based off the concept artwork of Celestial Mage and it’s theme – life’s next big question “which runestone are you?” Elements of the artwork will also be used in the box art for the final release of Celestial Mage.

Since the demo of Celestial Mage was released in August, Stonewall Interactive has been overrun with praise for the game and it’s new spin on an aging genre, with some people calling it “the most addicting puzzle/strategy game since Tetris.”

Played on a chess-like 3D board, the goal is to clear the board by moving rune stones into combinations of 3 or more; creating scrolls and casting spells to advance to the next round. Each rune stone and scroll however is limited in moves; increasing the challenge.

Celestial Mage free demo is available for Windows XP. Plans include full versions for Windows XP, Pocket PC, Linux, Macintosh System X, Dreamcast, GamePark32 and the Tapwave Zodiac.

For more information, merchandise or to download the demo, please visit the link below:

http://www.stonewallinteractive.com

- 30 -

Note to editors: Merchandise artwork available upon request.

About Stonewall Interactive

Stonewall Interactive is a premiere independent game developer and publisher dedicated to bringing next generation games to mainstream and orphaned systems. In addition to PC/Mac development, Stonewall Interactive also develops games for a variety of orphaned systems including the Dreamcast, GamePark32 and Tapwave Zodiac.

Sounds like CafePress to me, which is usually too expensive and not exactly something to write a press release about. Fingers crossed it isn't.

Also, some of the hyperbole is ridiculous. 'Life's next big question' and also calling puzzle games 'an aging genre' when almost every single indie publisher is looking for the next PopCap :)

That said, the game looks very interesting, although from the description it's unclear how it innovates. Downloading the demo in anticipation :)

Directly on starting the program:
"puzzle.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." OMFG!

(and of course I have installed directx 9)

aapje89 posted on Sep 9 2005 at 11:20 AM said:
Directly on starting the program:
"puzzle.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." OMFG!

(and of course I have installed directx 9)

Will forward this onto the developers. Thanks much

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my understanding is that the PC version will be completed within the next six months. They're taking their time to make sure that everything is absolutely 100% right/bug free/enhanced/etc.. Once that is done, the GP32 version will be finalized and released.

We might need some beta testers for the game. Will keep you informed.

Are you guys sure that you don't want to switch the the GP2X instead? That's the linux-based successor to the GP32 that's coming out this November. If it's going to be more than six months away, most people will probably already have GP2Xs by that time.

In a couple of months I think it'll be easier for someone to make a decision like that. Without the hardware in anyone's hands, it's best to plan for what actually out there.

Back