Chaos World (j) For Nes

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
Anyone played this game? I'm about half-way through and having a blast. Since it's not the easiest game to figure out without an English manual (which unfortunately doesn't exist since it's a ROM translation), I can help anyone out who wants to wants to try it.

If anyone considers themselves a Chaos World master, then I have some questions for you ;)

my version is in perfect english, i didn't even know there was any other version out there.

either way, i can't play this game for more than 5 minutes before shutting it off in disgust

Yeah I know what you mean extremegamer, it's a VERY tough game to learn how to play properly, even if it's in English! Here are some tips to help people out, and information I couldn't find in any FAQs (except the parts I say are from FAQs) and which I had to figure out by intuition and trial-by-error.

Tips for starting out
-----------------------

- When creating a new character, do NOT put any points in HP and MP except for the Thief (MP only for Thief). You will gain PLENTY of HP and MP per level, the points are better used in other stats.

- For the easiest time, pick either a Fighter, Knight, or Thief. If you want a true spell-caster, pick the Bishop (casts both Priest/Wizard spells with more MP then Shaman).

- If you pick a Bishop, Shaman, Wizard, or Thief, spend 50 of your 100 starting money on the "Flame" spell and equip it. Priests should get "Feel".

- When leveling up early on, always use the "Defend" tactic. This will decrease your attack power slightly while increasing your defense power greatly.

- When dungeon crawling, use "Save MP" if you have a Wizard, Bishop, Shaman, or Theif in your group. Don't worry, your guys will all cast spells when really needed (the AI is pretty decent), they just won't do it frivolously. If you don't use "Save MP" and one of your casters have a multi-hit spell (L-whatever or "AllFeel"), the casters will use that spell at least once per fight for big MP drain (2+ instead of 1).

- Always have about 2-4 Herbs unless you have a Priest or Bishop with "Feel", then have at least 1-2 Herbs. At Level 1 you will probably be using at least 1 Herb every 1 or 2 fights, so make sure to save enough coins to buy these BEFORE you go out.

- Use Little John GP or play this on a computer and set it to "super-speed" (left shoulder button for Little John) when leveling. Since the fighting is done automatic, this works well. The encounter rate is also INSANE so this will help you remain calm.

- Dungeons are usually the worst XP of any area. The only exception I have found is the dungeon/cave near Raum (the second village and your first dungeon).

- Experience is NOT split between characters, it's multiplied. There's no excuse to always have 4 characters, and it becomes very easy to level up lower-level ones.

- Early on in the game at around Level 5, Magic Damage will start losing its potency. This will quickly pick up later on when there are more physical-resistant foes.

- Always stay at a Castle Town Inn if you can, they are the cheapest by far.

Stats
-------
Strength - Raises Attack.
Charisma - No idea, possibly decreases monster encounters?
Agility - Raises Defense and ups your chance to evade (not a visible stat).
Intelligence - Increases effectiveness of priestly spells (healing, cure status, etc.)
Magic - Increases effectiveness of wizardly spells (damage spells, etc.)
HP - Hit Points.
MP - Magic Points.

Class Breakdown
--------------------
I'll rate the progression of stats per level, where 0 is the lowest (doesn't gain any) and 10 is the highest.

Class: Fighter
HP: 8/10
MP: 0 (never gains any)
Strength: 10/10
Charisma: 3/10
Agility: 7/10
Intelligence: 2/10
Magic: 3/10

Comments: Best class to pick when just starting out in my opinion, better then a Knight in my opinion as they have about the same Strength. Uses all the strongest equipment. Put 5 points in Agility and the rest in Strength. Use your starting money to buy a Leather Helmet, next Leather Shield.

Class: Knight
HP: 10/10
MP: 0 (never gains any)
Strength: 10/10
Charisma: ?
Agility: 3/10
Intelligence: 2/10

Comments: Uses all the same equipment as the Fighter, except Knights can also use Spears (little higher attack then Swords). 5 points into Strength and the rest into Agility. Use your starting money to buy a Leather Helmet, next Leather Shield.

Class: Thief
HP: 6/10
MP: 1/10 (very small amount, but they DO gain it)
Strength: 6/10
Agility: 10/10
Intelligence: 3/10
Magic: 4/10

Comments: Can wear strongest armour (ala Fighter and Knight), but everything else is Mage clothes. Not to worry, the Thief's agility MORE then makes up for it, making the Thief have the highest Defense of any character in the same! Their attack (with Bows) is a little higher then Shamans, about 35% lower then Fighter/Knight, but they can also use all Wizard spells. Put a few points in Strength and the rest in MP (yes, this is the ONLY class you should raise MP for). Use your starting money to buy "Flame".

Class: Shaman
MP: 5/10
Strength: 5/10
Agility: 2/10
Intelligence: 6/10
Magic: 6/10

Comments: Has lower MP then the other spell casters with higher HP (on par with Thief). Can use both Wizard and Priest spells with about equal effectiveness, but still about 25% lower in points then Wizards and Priests (not THAT big of a deal) with half the MP of Wizards. Their attack power is the highest of any pure spell-caster, but only by about 5 points. Depending on what you plan on your Shaman doing, either put all the points in Magic, Intelligence, or split between them. Use your starting money to buy "Flame", then next "Feel" (Healing).

Class: Priest
MP: 9/10
Strength: 4/10
Intelligence: 10/10

Comments: The trade-mark healer with a ton of MP and decent HP to boot. Can only use Priest spells (fancy that). Put your points in Intelligence and be sure to use your starting money to buy "Feel" (Healing), then next a Leather Helmet.

Class: Wizard
HP: 4/10
MP: 10/10
Strength: 2/10
Agility: 7/10
Intelligence: 3/10
Magic: 10/10

Comments: Trade-mark spell-caster with the most MP and low HP. You may find your Wizard has higher or on-par defense then your Fighter or Knight because of the Wizard's high agility. Put all your points in Magic and be sure to use your starting money to buy "Flame", then next a Ring (raises Magic and Defense).

Class: Bishop
HP: 3/10
MP: 9/10
Strength: 2/10
Intelligence: 8/10
Magic: 8/10

Comments: A better spell-caster then Priest in my opinion, the Bishop has Intelligence and Magic very close to Wizard and Priest with MP close to a Priest and the lowest HP of any class. Can use both Wizard AND Priest spells. Depending on what you plan on your Bishop doing, put all points in Intelligence or Magic, or split between them. Buy "Flame" with your starting money then next "Feel" (Healing).

----------------------INFORMATION FROM XANATHIS'S FAQ------------------

Taken from the only other Chaos World FAQ I know of, search on http://www.gamefaqs.com for "Chaos World".

Appendix B - Magic
==================
*** = found, can't be bought
??? = not sure on the effect

Spell Cost Effect
----- ---- ------
Aero *** powerful wind spell
Anti 480G protects a character from enemy spells
Antima 480G mutes enemies
Blast *** holy damage to a monster
Confuse 840G confuses monsters
Cure *** powerful healing spell
Feel 80G recovers some hit points
AllFeel 1200G recover some hp to everyone
Field 1600G strong heal spell
Flame 50G fire damage to one enemy
L Flame 360G strong fire damage to all enemies
Flying 450G return to any town with a guild
Force 620G magical defense up
Freeze 120G ice damage to one enemy
L Freeze 720G strong ice damage to all monsters
Gaia *** extreme elemental damage to one enemy
Guardin 840G physical defense up
Mind 2700G assists confusion
Para-C 980G cure paralysis
Pois-C 120G cure poisoning
Resource 4800G ???
Sleep 1600G puts an enemy to sleep
Stone-C 2600G cure stone
Stop 1200G stops the enemy
Siren 400G ???
Turning 280G warps you out of dungeons
Volt 1000G electric damage to an enemy
L Volt 4000G powerful electric damage to all enemies

Appendix F - Formations
=======================
In the battle menu you have 3 options - Fight, Plan, Flee
Under 'Plan' there are 2 options - Order, Tactic
Order arranges the order of your party as you would guess. Tactic is
the formation of the party. There are 8 formations to choose from and
they can affect battle outcomes a lot, especially when taking on the
doppelgangers.

Numbers indicate that person in your order. Top person is 1, next
person down is 2, and so on.

Assault:
1 4
Your party focuses on physical attacks and do more damage with them
than usual.

Attack:
2 4
1 3
The normal formation, where your people will do just about anything.
There is no real focus or concentration to what they do.

Defend:
Your party will focus more on defense. They take less damage from attacks
and appear to be affected by negative statuses less.
I found myself using this formation the most to decrease damage.

Magic Attack:
1 4
The party gets into a position that increases the power of magical
attacks. Spellcasters use more mp this way.

Pyramid:
A formation that ups magic attacks and physical attacks at the same time,
though not as much as the assault and magic attack formations do.

Recover:
The party gets into a defensive position and focus on healing and
recovering from negative statuses.

Save MP:
A good formation if you want to keep your spell casters from using
up all their MP.

Use MP:
Gives your spellcasters permission to use mp freely but they won't
use it as much as magic attack.

-----------END information from other FAQ------------------------

have this game in my nes directory but have not even tried it out.has any one tried sweet home?

Back