Charge?

A

Anon

The Pandora Classic seems to have lost the function to stay in Low Power mode and constantly gets kicked out of it the moment I put the charger in, which is making it extremely annoying to charge. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Battery also likes displaying a random number every time I turn it on.

Managed to fix it via putting clay in the battery compartment. Nevermind this thread. Battery doesn't ever seem to manage to stay in place at all.

Managed to fix it via putting clay in the battery compartment. Nevermind this thread. Battery doesn't ever seem to manage to stay in place at all.
I guess clay works, I just use folded pieces of paper... 

My rebirth and 1Ghz units seem to have a better battery fit. 

Hmm, mine also switches from standby mode to full power mode when you put it on charge - I thought this was a positive design decision made.  Since low power mode (dim light and plugged in) and standby mode (dim light running on battery) are different modes, it was unclear which mode it should switch to once that specific mode became invalid (due to either being plugged in or unplugged).

Mine also goes to full power when charging begins -- a minor inconvenience. A more important inconvenience is that placing the device in standby mode (or charging? I am not sure which, since I usually charge in standby mode) causes the clock to go wrong; I can cope with that, but it would be nice if the time on the device was right.  :)

I asked about the charging thing a couple times.  Even if the screen turns off it turns back on after a few minutes.  If it is in my visual field it grabs my attention, and I feel like it may slow down charging due to display power usage.  I just ignore it now.

Edit: I also use folded paper to keep the battery from moving.  As for the random numbers from battery charge, I use live system info to keep track of battery charge.  Sometimes it gets flickery, so I toggle it off and on.  It seems fairly accurate to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back