Charging issues

b_o_b

Advanced Member
Hi,

When I am charging my pandora and at the same time using it, sound is not correct. It is just like it is slowing down and speeding up again. Not something I can not live with - when I unplug the Pandora it ok again, but it sounds a bit awkward and I like to have it fixed.

Another charging question: when I charge and the pandora is off, it automatically boots. Is this normal behaviour?

b_o_b

Last edited by a moderator:
Booting back up when you connect the charger is normal behaviour.

Sometimes you can get rid of strange issues by turning the Pandora off, removing the battery for several seconds (maybe up to a minute) and plugging it in again. But i wouldn't put too much hope into it. And also I read of issues due to a buggy charger. If you have one for a PSP around try that one. What happens if you charge via (usb/mini-usb)-cable?

Sometimes you can get rid of strange issues by turning the Pandora off, removing the battery for several seconds (maybe up to a minute) and plugging it in again. But i wouldn't put too much hope into it. And also I read of issues due to a buggy charger. If you have one for a PSP around try that one. What happens if you charge via (usb/mini-usb)-cable?

Must be the charger, I just checked via usb and no issues. Thanks! Glad it is not the pandora itself :)

Will charge via usb from now then. Any disadvantages using usb instead of the default charger?

Sometimes you can get rid of strange issues by turning the Pandora off, removing the battery for several seconds (maybe up to a minute) and plugging it in again. But i wouldn't put too much hope into it.
To get a full power down, the battery should be removed for 5-10 minutes, so 10 minutes to be safe. For instance if nubs act up. Not sure a minute will allow something internal to drain completely. I'm sure someone could explain this better.

USB charges very slow, the Pandora needs to be on for charging and the power consumption of the Pandora when on is close to what a USB port can provide so charging will be slow. Otherwise, no negatives.

Back