Clock Speed Test

AXNJAXN

Website
axnjaxn.blogspot.com
I bought a Gp32 from GBAx a month or so ago that was guaranteed 160mhz (tried to buy a 166, waited 15 days, and they said they ran out and would let me buy a 160 instead). I don't know if 160 is the max speed it will go, but I'm guessing that it might go up to 166.

My question is if there is any programs to test my clock speed safely so that I can see how high it will go. I've looked on google, but I haven't found anything.

Any help would be appreciated, as I've been stuck using 156mhz on a few emus that have no 160 mode.

AXNJAXN posted on May 8 2005 at 06:44 PM said:
I bought a Gp32 from GBAx a month or so ago that was guaranteed 160mhz (tried to buy a 166, waited 15 days, and they said they ran out and would let me buy a 160 instead). I don't know if 160 is the max speed it will go, but I'm guessing that it might go up to 166.

My question is if there is any programs to test my clock speed safely so that I can see how high it will go. I've looked on google, but I haven't found anything.

Any help would be appreciated, as I've been stuck using 156mhz on a few emus that have no 160 mode.

DRMD has options for clock speeds up to 256mhz there is a clockspeed tester but I dont know where to find it.

Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
fitzsteve posted on May 8 2005 at 01:20 PM said:

DRMD has options for clock speeds up to 256mhz there is a clockspeed tester but I dont know where to find it.

Steve.

Why would you need to do that when it runs just fine wiht all the default settings at 145MHZ?

tattooman posted on May 8 2005 at 04:26 PM said:
fitzsteve posted on May 8 2005 at 01:20 PM said:

Steve.

Why would you need to do that when it runs just fine wiht all the default settings at 145MHZ?

Ummmmmmmm maybe so he can check what clockspeed his gp oc's to :rolleyes:

Thank you very much - I'll download this right away.

EDIT: I assume that you just run this at higher speeds until it won't display the tunnel anymore?

I would be amazed if it does do 166MHz, because it is probably one of the units that they couldn't sell as a 166MHz unit.

if you can get that test up to 166 it probably means that in actual games you will over clock to 160 reliably... the tester is not quite as hard on the cpu as a real game is...

Back