Community Game Area

Flack

If that Community Game starts happening, maybe you could make a separate area for it?

Good idea but only if it gets serious. I just had to delete 3 threads that gp32animefreak posted about it in General Talk so I'd welcome to new forum.

What kind of game did you have in mind? Or does it have to be a game? I myself do graphix, have been working on a retro style platform pc game for a while but it seems that the rest of the team have given up :( If this is gonna happen we need really dedicated people that doesnt give up, when they realize that it's probably gonna take many months to make a decent game, especially when not many of us can work full time on it. But I would be interested in making a game, perhaps, Metroid, turrican, style? :)

sorry, but i really don't think this game will happen. i saw many other forums open separate boards for "community games", and most were RPG's being built with RPGMaker. and there were LOADS more people into it then here, and all of the games died, before even existing. whatever.

Depends. IMHO RPG maker users have average age 12 and no ability to organise themselves. Hopefully this team will be organised and perhaps get some stuff rolling. Plus, once something is actually down and running on the gp32, tons of people will jump onto the project, believe me.

jegHegy posted on Sep 30 2003 at 02:07 PM said:
sorry at but i really don't think this game will happen. i saw many other forums open separate boards for "community games", and most were RPG's being built with RPGMaker. and there were LOADS more people into it then here, and all of the games died, before even existing. whatever.
Since were started tommarow or this week I think It will be fine.

BUT WE NEED A GOOD CODER!!!!!!!!!!!OR TWO

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico posted on Sep 30 2003 at 05:19 PM said:
Depends. IMHO RPG maker users have average age 12 and no ability to organise themselves. Hopefully this team will be organised and perhaps get some stuff rolling. Plus, once something is actually down and running on the gp32, tons of people will jump onto the project, believe me.
@Rico: actually, average age in those projects was more like 16-18

jegHegy posted on Oct 1 2003 at 02:05 PM said:
Rico posted on Sep 30 2003 at 05:19 PM said:
@Rico: actually, average age in those projects was more like 16-18
Except the community projects you talk of are headed by:

<jegHegy> i'm talking about people who've never used rm2k before

Which is a -big- difference from gp32x where we have talented coders on board. Perhaps Delsabre hasn't tried RM2K before, but unlike the leaders who made those collapsed projects you talked of, he does know real programming ;)

Back