Could a hardware keyboard be made??

midget

Still Fresh
Would it be possible to make a keyboard for the gp32? i was thinking that some1 could take a foldup keyboard meant for a palm or ppc and adjust it for the gp32, the only problem would be the drivers??
what does every1 else think??

This has been discussed a few times before, it could be done, but a lot of other things have to be sorted, first the GP32s bios would have to be rerogrammed to accept the input, then some kind of driver would have to be made, this might happen if and when the GP32 versions of linux and Windows CE that are in development are released

GP32 keyboard under development

I had a similar thread going in the Devolper's Corner, but decided against making a USB keyboard when I saw how far along the EXT keyboard was. Not only will the keyboard need to be integrated into the bios, all the programs that want to use the keyboard will have to be reprogrammed too. You can observe the development of the keyboard on the gp32dev group on yahoo. And in case you're wondering, the keyboard is an Ericsson "Chatboard" for cellphones.

Plus emulators for computers like the atari or commordore would obviously be well suited to a keyboard

Well if there is a keyboard then it would be awsome for a dos emulator :D , c64, atari computers, (insert anything that would be awsome if it had keyboard features), Linux :)
EVERYTHING

abbibi posted on May 29 2003 said:

I had a similar thread going in the Devolper's Corner, but decided against making a USB keyboard when I saw how far along the EXT keyboard was. Not only will the keyboard need to be integrated into the bios, all the programs that want to use the keyboard will have to be reprogrammed too. You can observe the development of the keyboard on the gp32dev group on yahoo. And in case you're wondering, the keyboard is an Ericsson "Chatboard" for cellphones.
That keyboard looks like it would only be good for typing. Will somebody create a full sizes keyboard, so that we could use a keyboard for emulators and like snes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Azure posted on May 30 2003 said:

That keyboard looks like it would only be good for typing. Will somebody create a full sizes keyboard, so that we could use a keyboard for emulators and like snes?
hmm a full size keyboard... when you are on the go and what to use the dos emu... it would be stupid to have a fullsize keyboard i think.. think you only need it for going through folders or writing, for gameing you could still use the gp32 controls.

Sonic-NKT posted on May 30 2003 said:
Azure posted on May 30 2003 said:

I had a similar thread going in the Devolper's Corner, but decided against making a USB keyboard when I saw how far along the EXT keyboard was.  Not only will the keyboard need to be integrated into the bios, all the programs that want to use the keyboard will have to be reprogrammed too.  You can observe the development of the keyboard on the gp32dev group on yahoo. And in case you're wondering, the keyboard is an Ericsson "Chatboard" for cellphones.
hmm a full size keyboard... when you are on the go and what to use the dos emu... it would be stupid to have a fullsize keyboard i think.. think you only need it for going through folders or writing, for gameing you could still use the gp32 controls.
How about one of those foldable keyboards for palms and stuff? I think the keyboard should be used with other emus like snes, because the gp32 doesn't have enough buttons.

I can't find it at the gp32dev group...is there any guide how to make this thing?

Back