Couple of hardware questions?

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
In this thread, I was asking about data from the phone module, and there were some comments about the GPS requiring a SIM. Is the GPS on the same chip as the phone module? If so, what else would you lose if you actually bought the non-phone version of the Pyra?

One of the other things I'm interested in, but not sure if it'll be known. Mono for the Pandora had to have a few hacks put in to recognise characters from the keyboard, despite them not being anything beyond the usual. Will this potentially be an issue with whatever keyboard the Pyra ends up with?

Last edited by a moderator:
In this thread, I was asking about data from the phone module, and there were some comments about the GPS requiring a SIM. Is the GPS on the same chip as the phone module?
 Yes the GPS is built onto the Cell module, however I doubt it would require a SIM card to operate.
Well The Barometric Pressure/Temperature/Altitude Sensor( BMP180 ) is a separate chip, I'm not sure if EvilDragon will bundle it with the Non-Cellular version though.

I'm reasonably certain that you don't need a SIM installed to use the GPS though. They seem to be mostly independent in the documentation.

Well The Barometric Pressure/Temperature/Altitude Sensor( BMP180 ) is a separate chip, I'm not sure if EvilDragon will bundle it with the Non-Cellular version though
Why do you think that?
I hope ED is clear what is and isn't available on the non-cellular model (Though as I want a GPS, I'll more than likely get the cellular version, despite probably not sticking in a SIM card)

Altitude sensor is usually a complimentary sensor to the GPS...

Back