Cps2 Emulation Help

Alghazanth

I wondered if there are any switches in cps2 games or any other way to make configurations for them ?

I mean like when playing neogeo games on mame you go to 'dip switches' menu and then choose home or arcade mode ; free play - on etc .And then you can use options menu in game and make time - infinite ; adjust difficult etc. Not only in Neogeo ; but lots of other games have these.

But lack of settings make cps2 games frustrating for me ; such as sfz games being too easy or in marvel vs capcom games time quickly running out even without having the second set of fighters making an appearance and so on... I know other emus except mame like fba(which ı use in gp2x but never used in pc!) and nebula?)
run cps2 games but don't know if they are any better for it...

I'm asking this not only for gp2x but also on pc. Sorry for 'maybe' a simple question but I'm not that good with arcade emulation.

Thanks for any assistance

When using CPS2emu, you can go into Service Mode and change some of the settings. Depending on the game, there should be difficulty, credits, continues, time limit, and other settings in there.

Manjuu said:
When using CPS2emu, you can go into Service Mode and change some of the settings. Depending on the game, there should be difficulty, credits, continues, time limit, and other settings in there.
Thanks ! In fact I've never gotten to use cps2 emu due to cache file problems and waited until fba2x comes out to make use of cps2 on my gp2x. But i think I'll give it one more try.

Also how to do it in pc ? Is it also possible on mame ? (I'm using mameplus). Or do I need another emu like kawaks ?

Last edited by a moderator:
To go into 'Service Mode / Test Mode' on the PC, it's F2 for MAME, Finalburn Alpha, & Nebula, while F11 for Kawaks. I'm not really sure on the MAME & Nebula as I don't use them; I have both FBA & Kawaks.

Manjuu said:
To go into 'Service Mode / Test Mode' on the PC, it's F2 for MAME, Finalburn Alpha, & Nebula, while F11 for Kawaks. I'm not really sure on the MAME & Nebula as I don't use them; I have both FBA & Kawaks.

It works for Mame ; finally will be able to enjoy sf zero without opponents being too easy and running out of time quickly , thanks a bunch !

But for some reason cps2emu hates me and doesn't run the roms even I do everything according to the documents. Isn't there any way to use service modes in Fba2x ? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think FBA2X doesn't yet support this.

If I remember correctly, CPS2emu is based on MAME v0.106 ROM sets. As long as you have the correct ROM sets, then dumping the cache files would be relatively easy, and in turn having them run properly.

The dip switch is for pc emulator gp2x has a different name called service mode where you can change various things it has better settings than the pc one i don't think the pc settings do any justice to make game easier or having great options under dip switches.

Back