Crash on boot consistantly

Darkknight512

This morning my Pandora running HF6A4 will not boot at all, the loading bar gets right to the end of the "o" in Zaxxon. I'm just going to flash my Pandora with HF6 Final but I first need a few files off of the NAND, I have debian installed on the SD card but it is unable to see the NAND.

How can I get these files off my NAND?

Also, is it possible I can get a terminal on boot and see what is failing?

Last edited by a moderator:
This may(?) help http://pandorawiki.o...ion_to_firmware See the bottom section with the code required in a boot.txt you place on the SD card and select by pressing R on start up, in order to get a console and debug the boot sequence.

Reproduced here :

Debugging broken firmware

If you have a problem booting the firmware, and want to investigate before just replacing (or need to try and rescue some data from the NAND) you can boot into a console by doing the following: Make a file named boot.txt in root of SD with this[2]

Code:
:setenv bootargs ubi.mtd=4 ubi.mtd=3 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rw rootflags=bulk_read console=tty0 vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K init=/bin/bashubi part boot && ubifsmount boot && ubifsload 0x80300000 uImage && bootm 0x80300000 && boot

then holding down the right shoulder button on boot and booting from the SD card. (It doesn't require an operating system on the SD card, but it will use the boot configuration specified there). This is a text mode boot to the shell, using the kernel from the NAND. This should provide a way of bypassing any broken startup scripts, adding in logging for a normal boot, etc. It does not start the full OS, just a basic shell.

------------------

------------------

Not sure about how to access the NAND though.

Perhaps create an SD Install of the latest HF final rather than Debian (manually as you cant use the SD installer) and in some way that can see it(?)

Hope the first bits of use at least :) Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, does not seem to show much except at the very beginning of the boot sequence. It shows nothing during the loading bar section of the boot. Ah well I guess I will just format it then.

Back