Release Cro-Mag Rally

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Cro-Mag Rally, a port to modern OS of a previously Mac Exclusive arcade racing game.

preview01.png

The game is now opensource (look at its github repo for more detail), and yes gl4es for the Pyra port. It's mostly vanilla build, with just the default keymap changed to be more Pyra friendly.

You get 30~60 fps in game, most of the time at more than 45fps, at full 720p resolution. Smooth and crispy graphics :)

Note: if you don't see the bonus in game, and only the shadow, you need to update your system to get latest gl4es version.

History log
========
Build 02
------------

• fixed the home folder not in appdata
Build 01
------------

• Initial build
  • Default keymap Pyra friendly

Last edited:
mario kart is all about gameplay.
how’s the gameplay?
is there a character who controls like toad?
or samurai goroh??

wow, easy here. It just like a mario kart, or Skunny Kart if you prefer? Or Whaky Wheel? But in full 3D and with terrain relief. So more like Mario Kart 64? anyway, download it and test it, so you'll see (and it's available for Mac, Linux and Windows too)

It runs really fine on my CC with swap and at 700 MHz. Thank you for this game :)
(I tried to post this text before on the repo via Pandora but text failed to load up; done it via laptop now.)

Thanks. Seems to work very well.

I noticed that most items are not visible. You only see the shadow on the ground. But checked on youtube there should be the icon of the item you are picking up.

Thanks. Seems to work very well.

I noticed that most items are not visible. You only see the shadow on the ground. But checked on youtube there should be the icon of the item you are picking up.
As noted in the 1st post: update your system to get latest gl4es and you'll have the bonus items.

Hi all,

Thanks @ptitSeb for porting this game to the Pandora and Pyra, really appreciated :)

I noticed some graphical glitches, I need to test the Pandora version to check whether they are also present or not

Cheers, Magic Sam

There are some kind of "Z-fighting" or something similar happening with some elements of the decor. You can see it with some of the trees on the Pyra screenshot. I haven't analyzed this yet, so don't know if it's normal (probably not) or some gl4es issue (probably that) or the SGX driver. Not sure it happens on the Pandora (and my LCD cable is dying, so I can't test that properly).

Ok I'll give the Pandora port a go tomorrow afternoon and report here about my findings.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back