Currency Conversion And Such

yosh64

Website
yosh64.redirectme.net
hey

I just tried converting the currency of the prices listed of the pandora homepage to AUD, and I am now confused as what I will be expected to pay.

Using http://www.xe.com I got the following figures...

199.00 GBP = 424.424 AUD
330.00 USD = 359.306 AUD
212.00 EUR = 358.034 AUD

So which is it?

I assume $330 USD and $212 EUR is without VAT, which means there is around $65 AUD for VAT. As such, I was wondering if we (people from other countries) must pay for VAT also? or some other form of tax?

BTW, I have no clue about VAT. I assume it's some form of tax, just like we have GST (Goods and Service Tax) here.

Anyhows I hope I make some sense, hehe.

cyas

The GBP price includes VAT as you guessed, which is indeed like our GST. People outside the UK don't have to pay it, so convert from USD for the Aussie price. Add shipping and we should be rocking it for under $400. Huray!

hey

So overall it's only around AU$100 more than the psp slim, which is around AU$280 (not that ya can really compare the things, hehe). So I think that's pretty cool :).

Anyhows thanks for the info :).

cyas

hey

Just me again.

A friend made me aware of import taxes, and so after a goog I found a page about Import tax allowance that I thought yas might be interested in.

Fortunately according to the above page Australia has an allowence of $1000 AUD before any import tax is required :).

Hmm, I guess this will all be covered in the cost of postage, but I dunno.

cyas

Import Taxes, etc. are taken care of when whomever fills out the Customs forms that are required for said country.

yosh64 said:
hey

Just me again.

A friend made me aware of import taxes, and so after a goog I found a page about Import tax allowance that I thought yas might be interested in.

Fortunately according to the above page Australia has an allowence of $1000 AUD before any import tax is required :).

Hmm, I guess this will all be covered in the cost of postage, but I dunno.

cyas

You might wanna check if there's a different allowance for technology (laptops, MP3 Players, game systems...), since I'm pretty sure that's the case in Germany. Also, I imported a GP32 via Lik-Sang waay back in the day, and the import tax wasn't covered with the shipping... I actually had to go pick it up at a customs office and pay them.
All that could just be stupid German bureaucracy though, and unlike any other country...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nilsiboy said:
ou might wanna check if there's a different allowance for technology (laptops, MP3 Players, game systems...), since I'm pretty sure that's the case in Germany. Also, I imported a GP32 via Lik-Sang waay back in the day, and the import tax wasn't covered with the shipping... I actually had to go pick it up at a customs office and pay them.
All that could just be stupid German bureaucracy though, and unlike any other country...
I miss Lik-Sang. :(

jmetal88 said:
Nilsiboy said:
ou might wanna check if there's a different allowance for technology (laptops, MP3 Players, game systems...), since I'm pretty sure that's the case in Germany. Also, I imported a GP32 via Lik-Sang waay back in the day, and the import tax wasn't covered with the shipping... I actually had to go pick it up at a customs office and pay them.

So do I. Although I wasn't pleased with their behaviour when it came to the GP2X.

-God Ginrai

mechanizeddeath said:
jmetal88 said:
so true. they're actually how i discovered the GP2X, i saw it on their site while looking for a controller adapter.

Believe it or not. Lik-sang was so anti-gp2x. They didn't even start selling it until the MKII's.

PSyMastR said:
mechanizeddeath said:
jmetal88 said:
so true. they're actually how i discovered the GP2X, i saw it on their site while looking for a controller adapter.

Believe it or not. Lik-sang was so anti-gp2x. They didn't even start selling it until the MKII's.

It's not that they were anti-gp2x. They took pre-orders without actually purchasing them, so then they came up with a lie to satisfy all of their angry customers, and didn't sell GP2X's until the MKII in a poor attempt to make the lie seem true.

-God Ginrai

AireTamStorm said:
PSyMastR said:
How so?

They set up pre-orders and never ordered the system. To quiet the angry mob, they released a news update that "claimed" that they were not going to stock the GP2X because of complaints about flaws and shoddy construction values. (But it's really that they had never ordered the damn things in the first place)

Like I said, they weren't anti-gp2x, they were just trying to cover their own asses.

-God Ginrai

Back